Doom 3, Your Opinion Of It

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Didn't like the shading.

Only issue I had with the shading was your flashlight didn't really light anything dynamically. An NPC carrying a lantern would light the way and the shadows would react accordingly, but your flashlight would just cast a static shadow on your enemies.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Only issue I had with the shading was your flashlight didn't really light anything dynamically. An NPC carrying a lantern would light the way and the shadows would react accordingly, but your flashlight would just cast a static shadow on your enemies.

The flashlight is casting shadow volumes for me, not sure why it's not doing it for you.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Doom3 can be a fun game, some chapters are better than others (alpha labs and hell aren't among my favourite ones). Thing is, the whole "imp spawns behind you" and "jumps at you when you open a door" gets old quickly.
Chainsaw is great, though. Sawing through one of those tentacle goons felt very satisfying. Well, and then there are those chaingun wielding bastards... :D
(wish the chainsaw would've been more effective on imps, or I did it wrong...)

Plenty of things to find as well. Take some time exploring the levels, you never know what you might bump into. Lots of goodies, nods to the other doom games and some hidden messages...

Overall I've always liked playing doom 3, but the insane combat of doom/2 always prevails. You can't compare really.

The finale is just too easy.