Ground Branch (by Blackfoot Studios)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Feb 26, 2001
England
Blackfoot Studios is officially an Independent Developer and are no longer bound to any release deadline or whatsoever. They are still doing it, it just might take an unknown amount of time until we will get it. Maybe they will find a publisher in the future, maybe they will publish it by themselves (through Steam or whatever), but nothing was canceled yet.

If they know a publisher won't take it, and they continue work on it (and spending money), chances are they will release it. If they honestly had no plans to do so, they would shut up shop now and save the remaining development costs.

Best of luck with the project, the flythrough looks great.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Steam will be just fine. Don't know what's so scary about it really.

Well, I had lots of trouble when I bought a Steam game on ebay. Although the dealer wrote "new game" he actually traded his account...

Since he ignored my complaints I decided to actually use the account I payed for. This got me banned on both accounts (my own and the traded one). It turned out the traded account was using an "illegal gift license".

It took me 4 weeks, and about 20 emails to Steam to get my original account back. They happily ignore that most of their rules violate german law (and probably many more).

Steam is the end of trading used games. Not just old ones but also those which you don't like right after installation.

It is not that bad, when it works but their godlike behavior sucks ones you have trouble.

... and playing while sick at home is less of an option once your work colleges are on your friend list :(

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Which why Aliens Versus Predator 3 will be imported from the UK, lol.

But Steam recognizes that you are from Germany and will install a Cut patch, even if you have installed the UK-Version.
There are many things that pisses me off with Steam. I have set the language on English so i can play games uncut and with a fine english speech, not that crappy german localisation. But if i wan´t something installed in German, Steam is downloading a german patch for every single game, great -.- ! Next thing, if Steam/internet is down, i can´t play any single game.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Apparently that is mostly publisher and tax related
A common misconseption is that a game's publisher has the definitive word on pricing. Steam can raise prices for games ( probably all popular ones). They'll notify the publisher that their suggested price was too low and go ahead with their raise.

It's not that renting Steam servers in Europe is so much more expensive that it reflects a, what, 60% price increase haha. But hey, Steam has the position to do it and get sales because of ignorant buyers. Consumers, we're such caddle aren't we? Wake the **** up? Get organized? Nah, we'll just follow the latest UGGs trend and suck it all down.

Anyway, good business for Steam.

.. lots of trouble when I bought a Steam game on ebay. Although the dealer wrote "new game" he actually traded his account... It took me 4 weeks, and about 20 emails to Steam to get my original account back..
Yea i feel for you. Customer service sucks but that's hardly a suprise. Better to buy from Steam directly instead of from ebay. Most games have keys etc which are then registered to that user's account etc..

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
The pessimist might point out that the terms "plan to release" and "tech demo" are no substitute for the terms "will release" and "game" or even "beta", but IIRC Psy outlawed pessimism a few posts before, so I'd better not say anything.

Damn, too late :(

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The pessimist might point out that the terms "plan to release" and "tech demo" are no substitute for the terms "will release" and "game" or even "beta", but IIRC Psy outlawed pessimism a few posts before, so I'd better not say anything.

Damn, too late :(
That's fine. Most feel saver by being pessimistic, I risk it to be optimistic once and only.

Something playable in 2010 from Blackfoot. Yay!
Bring on Ground Branch. All the other games are wack anyway.

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4378&st=0&p=76470&#entry76470
Yeah that's good, but as Snakeye said, it is not much more than the usual "we want to release stuff" speech yet, but I trust John, because it is in his own very interest, we all can just move on, but he needs to have his investment (money and time) to pay out, so... I'm 100% sure there will be something for us to win from it.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
"Side-strafing" looks extremely well done! This will hopefully solve the "tactical-shooters bunny hopping" - players quickly strafing left and right to avoid getting shot (and usually ending up in ridiculous firefights).

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Who knows this year we might actually play GB guys! It's been years since i saw many of you online but i'm sure the whole Inf crowd will be back when this beta is out.