Tweak UT graphics/sound to the max

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The greatest mystery of all: OpenGL or D3D (Including the D3D8 one)?

• OpenGl

Votes: 108 64.7%
  • D3D (or D3D8)

Votes: 41 24.6%
  • Software is the best!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • They all suck!

Votes: 14 8.4%

• Total voters

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
Tleilax said:
When i try to download from Megauploads in your Tutorial type thing. It gives me an internal server error, so thats the problem. Is it fixed yet or something?

The download works for me... Maybe you have to turn off your download manager if you are using one. That worked for me. Now... About the torrent thing. I have used torrent files before but I have no clue how to set it up hosting stuff. I really don't have time to find out how to do it, anyway. If anybody wants to volunteer and make a torrent, please do. I am sure many people would appreciate it. I simply do not have the time or resources to do it.

Last edited:

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
Oh no.... Megaupload decreased the max file size from 500 mb to 250 mb. That makes the S3TC textures unavailable for download unless you have a premium account. OMG This sucks!!!!!!! :mad: What do I do now???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Dark Pulse said:
An idea would be to make a torrent of the textures and then someone either host it or put it on a Torrent Tracker. I'd name names, but since those could potentially lead to warez I won't, to save my skin.

Our site has a tracker on it. If you want to create a torrent and run it off there then contact me.

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
I can't register to the forums because I don't have a email address from the isp thing. :hmm:

"Sorry. Due to the overwhelming spam attacks we have experienced we now require an email address that your ISP assigned you. Example: gamer@pacbell.net. We no longer can allow registration from free mail services (hotmail, yahoo, etc). We are sorry, and hope that you understand this allows us to keep a better handle on the quality of the posts inside the forum."

If you would kindly post in that thread and tell them to go to this thread, I can help solve many of the issues. And if I can't don't know the solution, then there might be people in this forum that can.

Last edited:

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
"I had two other issues with Unreal levels and S3TC textures. I had two other issues with Unreal levels and S3TC textures. Some parts of the sky is black..."

SkyBox.utx, City.utx, and ShaneSky.utx are not masked properly and screw up the sky. Replace the S3TC textures with the original ones.

"I can't change the brightness."

In the settings, find GammaOffset=0.000000 and enter positive values to brighten and negative values to darken.

"The deemer overlaps the HUD."

In the settings, find ZRangeHack= and set it to true.

"Those aretifacts are showing up on my HUD too, if anyone got a soultion, PLEASE let me know."

Those "aretifacts" happen because of the antialiasing. If it is set to higher than 2, then they appear. The solution is to either set antialiasing to 2, turn it off completely, or just get used to it. (I got used to it. It isn't that annoying and it only happens in the menu. Just don't set antialiasing to 8 or it is extremely visible.)

Hope this helps. :)

P.S. It isn't hard to find out what the settings do. Most of the settings are documented at http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ and http://www.oldunreal.com/

Edit: Update #15! Added some more stuff to the S3TC Textures section.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi,

To make things easier I can open an FTP account or you could upload the file to a service like yousendit. Btw, it might be a good idea to post the torrent on several public sites so there are more peers.

madscientist327 : I'd like a summary of what the best graphics settings are as I'm about to start making a UT movie.

Last edited:

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
Basically the best graphic settings I could get are already up there. Just make sure you are using the latest OpenGl and you have the S3TC textures.

By the way, what kind of movie is it?

Last edited: