Deus Ex Junk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
In addition to fixing the bug with initial skills ages ago, I've now fixed the bug that caused inventory from a previous game to persist into a new game.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Plain darts now break sometimes when hitting stuff they can stick to. I also fixed a bug that was allowing you to retrieve shuriken even if you had full ammo.
Real exciting, I know. :rolleyes:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Finished another hidden weapon. That makes three, now, except for the part where the shotgun's using a recolored sawed off shotgun mesh...

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention a while ago that using a scope now makes bullets shoot from your exact point of view, instead of using the weapon bob, and projectiles spawn two units below that point. This is so you don't have to worry about the weird projectile spawn offset when using a scope, since, if you're looking through the scope, the barrel is directly underneath instead of off to the side as when you're shooting from the hip, right?

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Making retrievable projectiles add themselves to carcs (which I can't figure out), fixing the new headshot detection code I added, fixing the way accurate/max range works on instant-hit weapons (also being a pain). Other than that, there are a few things to fix and add.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I don't know.

I've modified the drugged view effect. The screen no longer blackens unless you're poisoned; it's clear if you're drunk. Also, when you're drugged enough for your view to start wobbling around, your gun moves counter to the wobble, making aiming nearly impossible.

What I'd like to implement are hallucinations while high on zyme. I'm trying to remember the insanity effects from Eternal Darkness. A statue that turns to face you, blood dripping down walls, the sound of someone banging on a door, seeing yourself dead in a bathtub, exploding while trying to use a spell, walking into a room and finding it upsidedown, seeing a volume display move down then back up on the screen, seeing the screen seem to turn off (thought we had a blackout for a second when that happened XD)... I think making things appear behind you for you to see when you turn around could work, and having hallucinated sounds play would also work. Maybe things could shrink as you walk away from them, or fade away as you approach, or something...

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've tweaked the projectile wall-penetration code. It works more consistently now. I could further increase its accuracy by increasing the number of traces it does when it hits a wall, but I don't think it's necessary.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
what about flashing colors for the drugs? I recall someone once made a posionious monster for unreal, and when you got stung, it got all psychodellic.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've made your footsteps echo, and added explosions spawning randomly in the skybox. I'm not sure exactly how to go about making funky lights.

I've also made it so you can interrupt the sawed off shotgun's reload, now.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
What weapons do you upgrade when you play the game. I normal used a laser and clips on the AR, accuracy on the sniper, and the reload, scope on the sil pistol.

Im debating trying maxing out the bow, or focusing on the shotguns.