[WoRM2k4] Dev Log / Feature Request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
Playing with it now, most are fine, but the health +25 doesn't seem to be replaceable.
and I don't know if its related but I am getting tons of this error...

Warning: MutWoRM_p DM-sHoK-DormRM2k4.MutWoRM_p (Function WoRM2k4.MutWoRM_p.CheckReplacement:0012) Accessed None 'GRI'
War

and the hover tips on the mutator are refering to the vehicle replacement mut.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Thanks for pointing out the tips thing... will fix.
The 25 health always replaces fine for me. Anyone else having trouble?
Will look into that AN, what gametype were you playing?

The U4e monsters work now, and my Nali Cow moos more.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
Used Death Match to keep it simple.

I have tried the 25 health again, and I at least have a lead. I used several shokazulu "giant" maps as well as a dm-bs-shokrock2k4 (not a shokazulu map), and the health 25 is not changing on them. I played TokaraForest and it worked fine?!
btw, on dm-bs-shokrock2k4 I was also unable to adjust the 50 shield either, but everything else (besides 25 health) appeared to change OK. You may want to dl that map and see what up with it. You can get it here.

Funny thing is I also tried urbanbay which is also a shokazulu map and it worked perfect, every powerup was replaceable.

Excellent about the monsters! And those cows, they were way to quiet! :lol:

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
I thought of that. (this issue and the Accessed None problem are the only things I have found.)

Also, is there a reason you didn't include the Double Damage power-up in your replacements?

Edit:
I opened up the ShokRock map in UEd and they look like standard pickups?

Last edited:

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
OK, that was another one on a shok map that didn't change. Are there any standard maps that have that one?

Edit:
The map that I found that uses this is dm-shok-DormRM2K4, which is a shokazulu map. But again I opened it in the editor and it appears to be the standard UDamagePack, but what do I know... You will obviously need to look at this.

Last edited:

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
btw, hows the beta going, is anyone else doing testing (am I responding in the right place?)

Let me know when you have the next version ready and I will look at it, if you want me to.

sargon

Sep 21, 2003
www.odclan.net
any chance you can compile it with a different name than WoRM2k4? Maybe add v2 on it?

Can't use it on the public redirect since the name is the same as the previous weapon mutator.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Too late for that. doing that would require a buttload of hunting and renaming in the classes, which I don't have the attention span ort time for atm... If everyone will be ever so nice as to go out and publicize this release all over the place for me, most people may just get upgraded to version 2 anyway... I'll be sure to rename the file for the next release though.

WoRM2k4 v2: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/wod/UT2k4/WoRM2k4_v2.zip

sargon

Sep 21, 2003
www.odclan.net
Kangus said:
Too late for that. doing that would require a buttload of hunting and renaming in the classes, which I don't have the attention span ort time for atm... If everyone will be ever so nice as to go out and publicize this release all over the place for me, most people may just get upgraded to version 2 anyway... I'll be sure to rename the file for the next release though.

WoRM2k4 v2: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/wod/UT2k4/WoRM2k4_v2.zip

Ok, thanks, I'll have to wait then.. public redirects are a pain and you never know if the current file on the redirect is still being used, so you can't just have it removed and upgraded with a new version.

I'll check back once in a while.

DeeZNutZ

Jan 22, 2002
Pacific Beach, CA
www.badstreak.com
Obscenery said:
I have tried the 25 health again, and I at least have a lead. I used several shokazulu "giant" maps as well as a dm-bs-shokrock2k4 (not a shokazulu map), and the health 25 is not changing on them. I played TokaraForest and it worked fine?!
btw, on dm-bs-shokrock2k4 I was also unable to adjust the 50 shield either, but everything else (besides 25 health) appeared to change OK. You may want to dl that map and see what up with it. You can get it here.
In my DM-BS-ShokRock map I used the "old" health pickups as opposed to the new health pickup bases in several spots.
I also used some of the "old" shield pickups as opposed to the new Shield pickup bases.
I'm pretty certain sHoK has done the same thing in several of his 2K3 to 2K4 conversions.
This may be the problem you're referring to in these maps?
FYI - I made a slightly newer version of my ShockRock map to fix a few pathing and pickup placement alignments that were irritating me.
You can download DM-BS-ShockRock-2k4 from here
DeeZNutZ

Last edited: