UT2004 is too fast?? Help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

juker92

Aug 17, 2011
Hello, im from Argentina and i played old Unreal for a long time. I started playing UT2004 but the game in single player is too fast for me! I cant aim properly and the camera moves too fast! Is there a way to solve this? Or the game is just like that, extra fast? Because there is no menu setting to solve this, and i also edited the .ini file where it says game speed, but nothing changed, help please! I want to play it like the old UT!!

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
There should be a slider in the options menu where it says mouse sensitivity, don't remember where though. Also in Windows Control Panel under the Mouse section you can lower mouse sensitivity.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
You can set game speed to normal by typing slomo 1.0 into console.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
There should be a slider in the options menu where it says mouse sensitivity, don't remember where though. Also in Windows Control Panel under the Mouse section you can lower mouse sensitivity.

This. You are having mouse sensitivity problems, it seems.

The game is somewhat past-paced, however. Not nearly as Unreal, though.

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Slowing down the mouse speed will surely help alot, the default setting is 3 if I remember correctly, which is way too fast on my setup anyway.
I am using a ingame mouse sense of 0.73 with mouse smoothing and acceleration turned off.

Last edited: