CTF-TheBridge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scrap Warrior

Feb 23, 2008
Hi all, im Scrap, and glad to see everyone!!!
I hope everyone enjoys my map.
Probably my best work!!!
SCREENS!!!!
Main Area
shot0022lb7.png

Blue Base
shot0024gl7.jpg

Red Base
shot0023ri0.jpg

Download:http://www.rosebum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2165
Enjoy!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I take it that you're not mapping for a long time. As one of the first maps, it is nice. Keep It Simple but don't overdo that.
I'd say play with the texture alignment and scale. Some walls in those pics need scaling horribly. The bridge is simple and kinda quickly made, but still it's OK.
You should also practice on advanced brushes. Though they make quite a lot of BSP holes whatever you do. You need more practice, try reading some more tutorials and look at other maps. And you could improve the lighting, some people make wonders with it.

But still, nice try. Do the bots work nicely there?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
harsh eh? lol

Far from it. Like shadow said, you need to be able to take criticism. And learn from it.

Here scrapwarrior, a link to Unreal wiki, a site which is all about editing maps/coding.

You migth want to download the offline wiki as well ,contains all mapping tutorials.

You can learn a lot from said tutorials. It wouldn't hurt working on the lighting, texturing, and definitely adding more detail to your map (things such as ramps, breaking up the geometry, less box styled rooms etc.

Scrap Warrior

Feb 23, 2008
Look, I havent been mapping for a year, im only 12 years old,
Ive been through the whole wiki, thats where i learned how to use UED2.
And the whole lighting thing, its fine for me, but i am working on a V2 so that way some people (cough cough) could be happy.
It looks perfectly fine ingame, so i dont know. (brings in ozzy!!!)

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
We compared with the average standards, it has nothing to do with your own personal taste and preferences or with satisfying some people. If you like it for yourself - good, no one will refuse your personal opinion but coming up showing it in public forums for criticism will instantly lead to comparison with average standards to criticize someone's work in a fair and constructive way.
Well you spoke about a version 2, personally I'm really looking forward on how you'll improve your skills! You're 12 - you still have many years of time to work in a productive way unti life turns against you xD So keep building man ;D

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Even though I've been mapping for the Unreal series the day Unreal 1 came out, you don't want to see my very first map. I'll be embarrased beyond relief. xD

Edit1: I know, I know, I'm a softie. You map is decent for your skills. But it is fun :)

Last edited:

Scrap Warrior

Feb 23, 2008
Even though I've been mapping for the Unreal series the day Unreal 1 came out, you don't want to see my very first map. I'll be embarrased beyond relief. xD

Edit1: I know, I know, I'm a softie. You map is decent for your skills. But it is fun :)

Exact point!! :p

Its even more fun with Shock Arena and all relics on too :D