[DLC] The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
This is a thread about the upcoming DLC http://kotaku.com/5382845/first-borderlands-dlc-involves-yep-zombies

Tasked with keeping the workers of Jakobs Cove alive, Dr. Ned (who is not related to Dr. Zed from Fyrestone) does his job a little too well, creating zombies and other abominations that now run rampant in this region. Players will have to work alongside Dr. Ned as they embark on a quest to cure the inhabitants of Jakobs Cove in this full-fledged expansion filled with new enemies, new quests and rare loot drops.
The same release said only that "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" is "planned for release later this year." Price will be $9.99 on PSN and for PC, 800 Microsoft points for the Xbox.
"The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is in development at Gearbox Software and is the first in a series of downloadable expansions that will enhance the Borderlands mayhem in fun and exciting ways," says 2K.

Damn I love me some zombies! But I wonder how/if they're going to enforce someone paying for the PC DLC?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
My guess is they'll patch the new items into the base game which will allow non-purchases to get their hands on the items if they're given/traded them by another player. It doesn't make sense to fracture the community by requiring everyone to have the same DLC installed.

Or they'll just disable access to the content in MP if not everyone has it installed.

I can definitely see myself picking this up if it's worth the $10. There had better be a level cap increase or some good loot in there.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I hope that the content is proportioned in size the way the main game has, for its price point. However, seeing that the game's already there, I'd hope that the expansion's slightly bigger than 1/6th of the main game (60 bucks to 10). We'll see.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Most likely it's because the game isn't setup with GFW or Steamworks so they have no real way to tie in the DLC without running their own digital storefront somehow.

D'oh.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Most likely it's because the game isn't setup with GFW or Steamworks so they have no real way to tie in the DLC without running their own digital storefront somehow.

D'oh.

They are partnered through Crapspy are they not? Why don't they just host it on their site, or even Gearbox's own.