Whats the benefits of having "friends" at BuF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I was wondering why gregori had sent me a friend request, frankly, and what it's practical uses were, but I didn't bother to ask anyone. I've been on BUF, or as it was known, PUF, since hell... I think it was like 1999 maybe? I lurked for a while and then finally signed up in 2000

Last edited:

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Yeah, I use the friend system as a sign of who to stay away from. The two people who have sent me friend requests are now on my "Possible fascist, most likely a murderer" list.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
Yeah, I use the friend system as a sign of who to stay away from. The two people who have sent me friend requests are now on my "Possible fascist, most likely a murderer" list.
Kindred spirits? ;)
/me gives Phoenix a hug and starts a tickle assault on him
YAY! :D Promise I won't take it as foreplay :p

/edit - this whole anti-friends think has now opened up a conundrum - if someone doesn't have friends, does it mean that they wouldn't want any and look down on the request? Or have people been assuming that and so it hasn't happened?

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
What's the benefit of havign "friends" at BuF?

Well... who's to say something terrible won't happen to you? Maybe one day you'll be walking home and, oh i don't know, let's say a man steps up behind you with a baseball bat, he smacks your ound the head, he may just walk away, he might steal your belongings but maybe he'll keep beating you and you'll never see the light of day... if your lucky, you might later wake up inside a dimly lit basement with your fate yet undecided but decidedly unfriendly... from your point of view, it is possible however that your quite happy with the lotion on your skin... Who's to say? Will that happen to you? I couldn't tell you, I can't read the future i'm just an normal guy offering "friendship" to other sensible people who don't want to have to live the rest of their lives missing their toes. I CAN tell you is this though, if you do have "friends" at BuF this horrific sequence of events certainly might not happen at all and that's a promise...

*wiiink*

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Perhaps we should start by asking what this thing called 'friendship'-request is ... it sounds icky and quite possibly contagious.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
Why the 'ha' though? Is he funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown??

Does he amuse you? :mad:

I'd always assumed that he'd been typing in his name when some bloke had jumped in and karate chopped him in the head HA!

It's all terribly exciting in the world of tomc ...

actually, do you think that some bloke automatically appears out of nowhere and hits you if you say it? If so, sleepyhead is really screwed now :eek:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I'd always assumed that he'd been typing in his name when some bloke had jumped in and karate chopped him in the head HA!
Yes, obviously he was typing in his username when someone smacked him on the head, causing him to exclaim "ha!" It's like why you may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of Aaaarrrgghh.

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Actually i created it back in 2001.

I wanted to register on my first forum with the nick tomcat because of the F14 tomcat (who would have guessed?)

It was taken so i needed to pick something else. I just randomly hit my keyboard and that came out. So i stuck with it.

Im not sure what nick i used before that.... not that i played online much not at all even.