UE3 - UT3 Question about adding/subtracting BSP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
This was rather odd... In Unreal Editor, I was trying to add a BSP shape, and I was obviously expecting it to fill in with the BSP texture that I selected, but...I guess no matter how many times I try, it still gives me a blank BSP brush. Did I accidentally delete something that caused it to do this? Was there a setting I accidentally nudged?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Unreal Engine 3 can only apply materials (Material, Material Instance) to rendered surfaces and unlike in previous engine generations, textures are no materials anymore. Set up a material with the intended texture (or use an existing material) and try again.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
But I DO use materials... My guess was that I was working on a project that I decided to abandon, and deleted it, and I must have accidentally deleted something that I shouldn't have along with it... Uninstalling and reinstalling UT3 as we speak, and repatching it to v2.1.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA