Hi. New player wanting to get better.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tygerstryke

Aug 20, 2001
Leeds
www.geocities.com
Hi, Im new to UT.

I am wanting to play online but ppl tend to beat me thus I am not really getting a chance to better myself. I do play LAN agaisnt my BF and usually beat him (he is crap) but im wanting someone possibly to practise and help me.

Any offers?

FemmeFetalle Tygerstryke

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Just fire up ur mirc (or ingame chat thingie) and come to irc.enterthegame.com #planetunreal

Just ask there :)

Welcome to PuF btw, truffles will be here soon :D

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Welcome to PuF.
Join irc at irc.enterthegame.com channel #planetunreal
That's where we usually hangaround. Ask someone there for a game or two.

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
If you get Roger Wilco and install.(Voice com. makes training possible) I don't mind helping others. You can find me, too often, at the Cinci server.(24.29.3.200:7777) Just type a message to get my attention. I'm strictly DM though. No help at all for CTF.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Welcome to PuF

My ISPs (F9/Force9) UT DM server usually (not always) has people of a middle rather than elite level playing there, my mediocre lack of skills normally places me about the middle of the board on a game .... so you might want to try there for a game one evening (as the server's in the UK, you should get a decent connection), server IP is 212.159.6.201

As well as DM, you might want to play CTF or domination, as then you can do your bit being part of a team, and still be part of the winning effort and build up your skills without worrying about the fact you're not coming top of a list of individuals.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
Hi and welcome to PuF. You try the single player first, they are good for practising different weapons and maps. If you already done that, then try playing against better bots, at least on Adept skills. You can actually learn a few things by watching how the bots play.

Hope this helps.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Playing the single player game was a very good suggestion. I spent 1 day playing through the entire game and it helped my coordination and weapons use alot.

truffles.jpg

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Just follow me in a server..I seem to have a bad habit of picking ones with noobs..most of the time:D
Just like every1 above said..plus... A few PuFs lookin for 1 vs 1 also hang out in #pufladder on the same network. You can go in there and check if anybody is there and ask for a game.

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
I am always glad to help
*note: REEeee can only help up to a certain point

i can be found in #planetunreal, #pufladder

if you see me ask for a game, i will set it up and everything (awe aint that sweet) ;)

Reee

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Click on the PuF in my signature, and if you look in the faq you'll see some great tips on how to effectively use weapons from some very good players.

Other than that, the best starting out advice I would give you is get to know the maps inside and out. And never stand still.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
yeah. play through single player, at first on novice, and when that is a "cakewalk" bump the skill level up.

and be prepared when you get online. bots don't prepare you for a lot of things. especially shock whoring. etc.

ehh...

and get UTbuddy. follow a PuF member into a server, and ask for help.

i think most will be willing. and i'd be happy to play you.

ICQ- 113932142

AIM- amplifed17

UTbuddy # in the sig. if i find the link to UTbuddy, i'll edit my post.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I haven't seen enough pimpage for the ladder so here goes:
Once you've connected to irc.enterthegame.com checkout #planetunreal and #pufladder.

Say the same thing you said here(mentioning your a lady might produce strange results as seen here). If your lucky you'll find a few friendly folk who will tell you go servers to try or help you with a few private lessons. Just watch out for that NSFY guy. He doesn't like to share his soup.

Welcome to PuF!