Add to FAQ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Here's one to put in the FAQ, Dopefish.

I think that you should include the question, "Is there a list of UT servers where BuF'ers usually like to play?" Even though I spend more time in the forums that I do in online games, I think that people will start asking this question sooner or later.

Now, can we have a moderator stick this thread to the top of the forum? Dopefish, I don't know what happened to the last one you wrote, but this needs to be where people will see it.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by TechnoArcher
I think that you should include the question, "Is there a list of UT servers where BuF'ers usually like to play?" Even though I spend more time in the forums that I do in online games, I think that people will start asking this question sooner or later.

We should compile that list in another thread.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
up high is nice, i agree, hal, however, it'd be nice if it were possible to link directly to the thread, instead of giving it its own seperate forum...

what do you think/is that possible?

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by AriTheDog
up high is nice, i agree, hal, however, it'd be nice if it were possible to link directly to the thread, instead of giving it its own seperate forum...

what do you think/is that possible?

This IS the thread, AtD; there is no other.

Or do you mean making a link to this FAQ, which would be put on a site?

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Errm, you guys do realize that most newbies probably won't find this thread, because even if they come to this forum, they don't see the thread. That's because their default view is to show threads from only the last 2 days.

Make this thread an "always stick on top"!

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Want people to join your clan? 2 forums you can post in, and only 2.
Try Unreal Tournament or Clan Meet.
Do not use the OT forum. TY. :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by DRT-Maverick
Want people to join your clan? 2 forums you can post in, and only 2.
Try Unreal Tournament or Clan Meet.
Do not use the OT forum. TY. :)

Eh...people tend to post certain threads in places they don't belong anyway...anyway, telling people not to do that gives our mods/admins one less job! ;)

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
:)
We should make a small post of what should go where on strange topics, like asking people to join a mod should go in the uh.. editing board? or something close to that, I've seen many in off topic.
www.unrealized as a job board for mod people looking for a crew.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Darkbyte is right. UTPure should be explained as well as the Midnight Interactive Forums.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by Boom
Darkbyte is right. UTPure should be explained as well as the Midnight Interactive Forums.

I PMed DarkByte a while ago because I didn't know anything about UTPure; he replied telling me he'd fill me in when he finished RC5...he hasn't responded since. (This was a month ago, so I'll bug him again.)

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Well, its not really a question, but..

Why is it that everytime I connect to a server I get a "'de' version mismatch"?
The DE mutator came with Bonus Pack 2. The 2 files de.u and de.int was updated with patch 4.36.
So, if you patched to 4.36 and installed Bonus Pack 2 after you patch the game, you will get the 'de version mismatch error' on most servers.
You can fix this in 3 ways:

Repatch UT to 4.36

Delete the 2 files, de.int and de.u, join a server and download the files to your cache. Rename the files and put them to your unrealtournament\system folder.

Replace the 2 files with the files I attach to the following post.
Unzip them to your Unrealtournament\system folder

Maybe I'm an idiot, but it doesn't look like you attached them. :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've moved all comments, suggestions, etc to this seperate thread in order to keep the FAQ clean and to keep us from having to remove old comments from the FAQ's thread.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Originally posted by hal
I've moved all comments, suggestions, etc to this seperate thread in order to keep the FAQ clean and to keep us from having to remove old comments from the FAQ's thread.

Hal uses his brain as always. :D
Nice move :tup: