UT Performance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I had to re-install UT cuz I got my PC formatted and I noticed somethin...

v400's d3d support runs much faster and smoother than v436

my guess is well:
1. CD is needed could help performance
2. most cards in d3d are detected as "unknown" in 400 thus they run as if they were the faster d3d card or something (i dunno :rolleyes: )

anyone else noticed this (or is everyone at 436 still, heh)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by ILoveGuns
I had to re-install UT cuz I got my PC formatted and I noticed somethin...

v400's d3d support runs much faster and smoother than v436

my guess is well:
1. CD is needed could help performance
2. most cards in d3d are detected as "unknown" in 400 thus they run as if they were the faster d3d card or something (i dunno :rolleyes: )

anyone else noticed this (or is everyone at 436 still, heh)
Nope haven't caught up with the times yet. Still using the older patch ie 436:D
As for the CD improving performance nope. Unless you have a slow as hell HD..and I mean pre 1990's I don't think your CD rom could out perform you HD when getting data. I dunno about point 2. Just wait for some of the smarter folks like rooster or SC to reply for that:D

chaseywacy

Apr 17, 2001
www.httpcity.com
main.jpg

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
D3D... Ewwww....

Don't know too much about D3D, though I do know they have updated renderers at The Unreal Technology Page. I think though they determined that the one that comes with the UT436 patch is better then the updated ones (go figure). If it runs well with the original version then try taking the D3Ddrv.dll off of the cd, or rename if from a fresh install, then replace the one from the 436 patch.

I only run GL, or Glide, but did try to ƒûck with D3D when I first got my Geforce, 'cause the GL support will eternally be beta (i was affraid). Though after some tweaking I finally got it to work well in GL, then shortly after came across a V5 PCI which I run along side my GeForce Annhiliator Pro DDR, and I (of course) run UT on the V5, 'cause you can't beat 120 Glide frames/sec @1024x768x16 with a Geforce card. Well, maybe with the GeForce3, but it won't run glide, and I can tell differences... Glide is King, to bad the king is dead... at least I have UT....