UE3 - UT3 unlit doing nothing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

indy2005

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

Day 1, hour 1....trying to follow tutorials in UT3 for Enreal Editor. It states create a new subtractive project, set the dimensions of the cube and then choose unlit to see the internal walls with a default texture.

It doesnt matter what I press, Unlit, Lit...you name it...all I see is the red wireframe box in the viewport.

Not a great start for me, but I am sure it is something simple.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

indy

indy2005

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

Dont forget I got 5 minutes into a tutorial, so have no idea what you are talking about ;). Please explain.

Thanks

indy

indy2005

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

I was trying. Followed the step by step instructions in the video tutorials. Pressed UNLIT, hey presto - I could see internal walls and apply materials to them. Machine hung 10 minutes later before I could save. Stepped through the video again....Unlit did nothing. Uninstalled UT3 and reinstalled. Unlit does nothing. So I cant learn any more about the editor because I cant get past step 1, page 1 of a tutorial provided within the game itself.

LeonTheKing

Leon the King
Mar 16, 2008
Brazil.
Thanks....! What is that equivalent to from the toolbox?

Well...The "Subtract" or "Add" brush button.

Uh, this is the MODELING section, dude...Next time, post MAPPING questions in the MAPPING section, all right?

Last edited: