New video card issues, any solutions?`

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
I just went from a Voodoo 3 3000 (16MB) to a 32MB Elsa Gladiac video card. The card is obviously better and faster, however, UT looks like crab in D3D or OpenGL, when compared to running it in Glide. I'm thinking of going back to my Voodoo card since UT is what I usually play. Any suggestions, or is this the thing to do? Thanks ahead of time.

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Why not try S3TC?

Well why don't you try using one of the replacement OpenGL dll files that are mentioned on other posts. Install the high-res textures from your second UT cd and change the UnrealTournament.ini file like shown in other posts and see what you think of that? I certainly think my UT using S3TC looks better than what it does in Glide. But then that's just my opinion. I wouldn't be so quick to jump back to your Voodoo card.

Here is the section you need to change.

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=1
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=False
UseTrilinear=True
DescFlags=0

I can't recall the link to the DLL though. I'm sure someone else here will have it.

[Edited by AmigaOne|PuF on January 23rd, 2001 at 03:29 PM]

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
OpenGL updates

The Loki dll can be found at http://www.lokigames.com/~vogel/UT/(many success stories with this one).

The new official dll can be found at http://unreal.epicgames.com/.

I know they're very similar(made by the same guy I believe) but I'm not sure if the results are the same with the new one.

Information on installing them can be found on the pages. There have also be a lot of threads on the topic so search the boards if you want more insight.