Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
There is nothing impressive about this kind of technological stagnation.
Well sure, as a snobby PC elitist myself, I'm constantly disappointed by the fact that many games can't evolve in graphics in any other way besides squeezing more out of the same hardware. Still, the majority of the market now exists on the console so else am I to expect of the developers? Everything, including a lot of game engines in use now, aren't made to adapt well to all the kind of hardware that PC has to offer. Of course we're going to get turd graphics with turd performance from console ports.

I can really only truly justify complaining about such of a thing if the game is PC exclusive or the PC is said to be the lead platform and yet the game still seems held back. You can't really "prove" that anyways.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
um, I hate to say it but you're completely wrong.
either you're playing the game with low graphics settings or you're partially blind; it's one or the other.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/778694f9.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/7900d558.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/53edd5be.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/c9f85a7f.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

"incompletely rendered blobs floating in a green-yellow soup"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is YOU who is the blind one, Jacks. Cleary those screenshots are covered in masses of incompletely rendered blobs floating in a green-yellow soup. Especially the third and fourth one.

Get some fucking glasses.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I am surprised Mang nux? Fang sux? Dang nuts? Whatever his name is I am surprised he hasn't come in here and said Crysis looks like Goldeneye :D

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
pirate says what

wow u mad :eek:

Relax. Not everyone is going to like the same thing as you, and plenty will think it's crap. Don't become the level of fanboy everyone always ridicules. ;)

And I've given Bethseda $110 for basically a few slaps in the face and a kick in the nuts. I think they came out way ahead with their swindling, trickery and over-hyped polished turds.

I am surprised Mang nux? Fang sux? Dang nuts? Whatever his name is I am surprised he hasn't come in here and said Crysis looks like Goldeneye :D
Also I'm pretty sure Mang Nux is a troll or just a moron, maybe both.

The environments look technically decent, and there are some awesome designs too, but there has been better in games in both areas. Maybe he's just over exaggerating because of people trying to pass these screenshots off as art or something, which is sad. None of those screenshots are worth the kbs they take up. :lol:

The stuff in this thread (beyondunreal.com/showt...) is about a million times better than anything from Skyrim, and that's just photos from mostly amateurs.

Once games look like this, it will be amazing:

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.andymumford.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Geres05.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
I seem to be good at finding not that easy dungeons, good thing I got a Flame Atronach to help me deal with things.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I've given Bethseda $110 for basically a few slaps in the face and a kick in the nuts. I think they came out way ahead with their swindling, trickery and over-hyped polished turds.
aw that's right. when you pay for different products in the past it absolves you of doing so in the future. I forgot.

don't give if you're not willing to take.
yar first matey, land ho!

The stuff in this thread (beyondunreal.com/showt...) is about a million times better than anything from Skyrim
maybe because the stuff in that thread is REALITY :rolleyes:

are you daft?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
aw that's right. when you pay for different products in the past it absolves you of doing so in the future. I forgot.

don't give if you're not willing to take.
yar first matey, land ho!

I'm not sure if you're under the delusion that I care what you think or what, but it justifies it perfectly in my mind and I sleep fine at night, so whatever. You can bother yourself with the issue as much as you want. Good day sir. :eek:

maybe because the stuff in that thread is REALITY :rolleyes:

are you daft?

Apparently not since I'm the one who has to point it out to the googly eyed people. :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Apparently not since I'm the one who has to point it out to the googly eyed people. :p
Uhh... I think most people think it looks great... for a video game. I think it's funny you say "people act like this is art" then post a slightly touched up photo as proof of what games need to look like.

I guess you would burn Picasso's paintings because they don't look like a fracking photograph then.

Also, I don't know what you think Bethesda pooped on you about. Morrowind, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim have all been great games. Oblivion wasn't as good but it wasn't THAT bad.

Mar 6, 2004
@Sleepy Head

Once a game looks like that it will be you plugged into some chair with a cord in your brain making the most beautiful images and the game using your brains max potential power to create the "look" of everything. Crisp, clear, and awe inspiring...real life would seem boring and people will be breaking into your house stealing everything pretty easy and getting away with it, because you're in your brain in awe at how awesome your brain makes these images.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
More like you guys are butthurt assholes and you're just resorting to trolling now. :rolleyes: As for Brizz, he can't read I guess. I said I think it looks decent for a game, never said a game should look like a photo (said it will be awesome when they do), and comparing brush strokes to aliased polygons is just silly. I enjoy painted art.

Anyways, I'm done with this childish crap. No your game isn't perfect, no not everyone will worship it. Get the fuck over it. I'm sorry, but I tried to keep this civil. :hmm:

@Sleepy Head

Once a game looks like that it will be you plugged into some chair with a cord in your brain making the most beautiful images and the game using your brains max potential power to create the "look" of everything. Crisp, clear, and awe inspiring...real life would seem boring and people will be breaking into your house stealing everything pretty easy and getting away with it, because you're in your brain in awe at how awesome your brain makes these images.

lol :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
As for Brizz, he can't read I guess. I said I think it looks decent for a game, never said a game should look like a photo (said it will be awesome when they do), and comparing brush strokes to aliased polygons is just silly. I enjoy painted art.
Does it matter? It looks nice, people like how it looks, people take screenshots of it to show how nice it looks. Whoopeedoo? I only thought it was silly to bring up "art" and point out that this wasn't it since that is something highly subjective if nothing else.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
Maybe he's just over exaggerating...

I must confess to some exaggeration. But it's hard to resist when there has been so much exaggeration in the other direction. The game is good, but doesn't come close to justifying the hype. And I cannot get over this:

2007:
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/kRtdE.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
2011:
[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/53edd5be.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

And one looks better the closer you get, whilst the other looks worse. Guess which one...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I shall stop s**t-stirring. I'm rather enjoying the game despite it's many flaws. :)

Two questions: Does the advancing in the main quest in any way deface the landscape like it did in oblivion, and do items (potions, books, barrel contents etc.) regenerate in places like uninhabited shacks?