All map editors read here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SWIFT_DEATH

Nov 9, 2005
Wanna increase you texture selection. Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone the game, uses the same engine as unreal tournament. Even though the game is crappy, buy it, and move the huge texture selection into the Unreal Tournament texture files. It has the same folder setup, so you wont be confused. The Harry Potter textures are awsome for any map creation. It has some really beautiful textures, like exotic rugs, stone walls, cool looking bookshelves, much more. So for any mapper with a deep imagination should use the textures also. Trust me, you will drool all over the keyboard when you see the selection you get.

Now, refering to the sequel Harry Potter games, I don't know if they use the unreal engine. And in terms of liscensing, I believe it is still legal to use the textures, as long as it is for non-profiet projects.

Warning: I tried to get the harry potter music & sounds to be imported but it crashes the editor; but the textures work just fine.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Please do not spam multiple forums with the same post. (Banning offense)
If you aren't sure where to post, guess. A moderator will be by shortly to move your post to the proper forum in due time.
Thanks.
As to ripping textures from someone who paid big bucks to license the engine, not cool. I'm surprised they didn't encode them so they wouldn't be transferable. As an Admin of Nalicity, we (Beyondunreal etal) would be required to remove the map using copyrighted textures that don't have the express permission of the owner to be used.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Angel_Mapper said:
Just don't release them to the public, that would be illegal. And "not for profit" isn't a valid excuse.

However, it is legal if you change "not for profit" to "non-profit."