BU Reviews: Borderlands 2 DLC 'Pirates Booty'

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
My review of the new Borderlands 2 DLC is as follows:

I'm still busy playing the main game. Looks fun though.

I've put in 87 hours on Borderlands 2 and I'm on my second playthrough with one character (Axton) and first with another (Salvador). I really wanted to start a Gaige build but it seems like that's what everyone else is doing. The Gunzerker is much more entertaining than Brick ever was.

It feels as though there's much more substance to this game. That I'm not even ready for more content is quite telling.

So how about you? Have you delved into Pirates Booty or played through with Gaige? What's your opinion of the DLC so far?

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Bah, unlike Gaige, I am not happy with my inner completionist
I have yet to fire up TVHM with my Axton and I'm still working on Gaige. I've been trying to just tear through missions with Gaige, but I keep digging for badass challenge bits, cult emblems, etc

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
The DLC is alright. Some funny dialog, some new enemies, some cool new locations to explore, but the fetch quests have never been fetchier.

It'd be oh-so-much better if you didn't have to backtrack to turn in every other sidequest. This is somewhat alleviated when playing Coop because you can have one bloke running back to turn the quests in while another one heads towards an area transition/fast travel station. Then again, I just started yesterday and we've just got to Sanctuary...