Wallhax (seeing thru walls)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
headwire said:
There's all these stories about cheaters in XMP, yet for some reason, I've never come by any kind of an aimbot, wall or speed hack. I know there are aimbots, but a lot of the time, I think most accusations are to blame mainly on paranoia.
You haven't played around with set commands or modifying the .UI script files much, have you? Or how about, have you tried some of the dodge and other movement-related tricks with a Belkin Nostromo N52 gaming device... I doubt the dev's intended for the tricks to be done with such ease, but I guess you can argue both sides of that.

Last edited:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
yeah, both sides of that N50/N52 issue can be argued till everyone is blue in the face, and have been. I think the general consesus is....stalemate between the 2 views.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Spacelord (GER) said:
OMG, you have discovered the Unreal ED. Congratulation.

Actually that's not Ued....

headwire said:
There's all these stories about cheaters in XMP, yet for some reason, I've never come by any kind of an aimbot, wall or speed hack. I know there are aimbots, but a lot of the time, I think most accusations are to blame mainly on paranoia.

Exactly, I wanted to prove that point by this screenshot. I found this wandering through my screenies and saw that screenie from a few weeks ago when I started fixing FPS in my map.

fireball said:
I demand to know what map that is..
Bleeder said:
That -is- just an Unreal Editor screenshot, right [cringes]?

It's LastRites and a screenshot of one of the Debug rmodes that you change in the console running a map locally on your machine. That is from before I started to massively optimise the map. Interestingly, with Ued for optimizing. you try to make to the engine render fewer objects. So on a quality map(that's close to the beta version of LastRites so it's NOT quality,) you DON'T want people to be able to "see" thru walls, (what your client actually draws) wallhack or not. When you stop the client from drawing objects on the other side of walls: FPS improves....

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
Bleeder said:
have you tried some of the dodge and other movement-related tricks with a Belkin Nostromo N52 gaming device...

Honestly? I don't need to.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
I've noticed things out of the ordinary, or exsample, being killed with ONE SHOT of a sniper rifle at full health.

Somebody sees me hiding SOMEHOW in the best hiding spot in the MAP, gets me by surprise and takes art... Even though that area nobody uses and is surrounded by small walls just high enough to cover the art's smoke completely.

Yes, there are hackers since this is a free game so they can do basically whatever they want with it.

Last edited:

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
-{SC}- Renamon said:
Somebody sees me hiding SOMEHOW in the best hiding spot in the MAP, gets me by surprise and takes art... Even though that area nobody uses and is surrounded by small walls just high enough to cover the art's smoke completely.

Are you sure that person that killed you, didn't just know that super-secret hiding place too?

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
-{SC}- Renamon said:
I've noticed things out of the ordinary, or exsample, being killed with ONE SHOT of a sniper rifle at full health.

Yes, there are hackers since this is a free game so they can do basically whatever they want with it.

Hackers, hrmmmmmm...... Don't you know you're visible on radar when you're hiding with artifact after 2 minutes?... That's what the triangle on the radar means. It was specifically decided that you are cheating by hiding artis. No offence, but that was put in with the v7710 patch to stop people like you from being jerks and hiding with artifacts. Play the game and stop hiding!!!!

I looked it up and little did I know I was close to directly quoting Scott Dalton from Legend.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1339959&postcount=10

Last edited:

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
-{SC}- Renamon said:
I have noticed this too.

*edit* It saddens me to see or hear about people hacking this great game, resorting to using cheap tactics so that they can be ahead of everyone else. Even the exploits i hear that you can take advantage of is getting out of hand.

Last edited:

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
The 1-shot sniper kill is usually due to either lag or a second shooter you didn't see. I've been accused of cheating in this manner several times, but in all but one case the reason for this "insta-kill" was actually another sniper hitting my target a milisecond before I did from another angle. (And I'm assuming in the other case the individual only had 97 or less health without their knowledge)

As has been said in the past, lag can cause alot of wierd things to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.