Domino's Suggestions for Infiltration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Here's some stuff I think should be implemented :

A. Sometimes (in a matter of fact - a lot of times) the Kar-bar model doesn't show up when it is equipped on the playermodel, its just a handle.

B. Improve playermodels to reduct clipping (AKA - having the playermodels feet sink into the ground, or being partially inside of a wall)

And also to eliminate "hovering" where the playermodel moves but has no walking animation.

C. Make an easier system to switch and/or modify loadouts and switch them per round. I would suggest using a more graphical loadout system such as Strikeforce where you drag and drop weapons/equipment to different hardpoints on the playermodel.

D. I think gameplay needs to be seriously slown down, I think the running speed should be toned down a bit.

E. Teams should be rewarded accordingly for sticking together and/or completing objectives together.

D. INF absolutely NEEDS a system, similar to TO, that tells you who shot you with a little weapon symbol to indicate with what weapon. This will help greatly in the fight against anonymous tkers.

E. When killed players should drop A. the primary weapon they were holding at the time, and then B. a backpack carrying all the ammo they had. I think simply running over the backpack to collect the ammo would work.

D. Jumping animations would be nice, but not required. But animated eyes (blinking) would help add to the realism and grapical detail.

E. Blood should form in pools and splatter on the wall when you are shot, but if you are hit with a small caliber weapon, blood should be minimal, but if your hit with the massive Robar then lots o blood.

F. The ability to interupt reloading sequences and switch weapons needs to be implemented. The best example is the shotgun, where you can switch to a pistol quickly without having to reload the whole thing.

G. More equipment, which would include stuff like kevlar vests, and visors and especially silencers and suppressors for all weapons that are applicable to it and all add-ons for those weapons as well.

Well here's some ideas I jotted down, tell me what you think.

-------------------------
"Death to all who oppose the horde!"
animation6.gif

Visit The Infiltration Center http://www.INFcenter.cjb.net/
<FONT COLOR="FFD700">[Supporter of the Hate Deathren Demonshadow Cause]</FONT>

Farrell

Oct 19, 2000
er.. yeah.

Mostly good, observant points. Alot has been said before, and alot I'm sure the team is aware of.

here's a couple points you noted that I also feel strongly on:

"C. Make an easier system to switch and/or modify loadouts and switch them per round. I would suggest using a more graphical loadout system such as Strikeforce where you drag and drop weapons/equipment to different hardpoints on the playermodel."

I think the loadout system for changing is pretty good in game. The loadout screen, on the otherhand, I think could use some more work. And I'd like to see more loadout options- like being able to set what trigger group you start on, what weapon you start with armed, and most importantly, what # key you want to assign a gun in each loadout.

"E. Teams should be rewarded accordingly for sticking together and/or completing objectives together."

I couldn't agree more. But we just have to wait for mission-based games.

"D. INF absolutely NEEDS a system, similar to TO, that tells you who shot you with a little weapon symbol to indicate with what weapon. This will help greatly in the fight against anonymous tkers."

I think agree that death messages would add to the fun of playing the game. Maybe you don't see death messages in RL, but then, in RL you're PLAYING A FREAKING GAME. Kill messages though, I think were a great thing to get rid of. I might also suggest making it impossible to check your score until the end of a round.

"E. When killed players should drop A. the primary weapon they were holding at the time, and then B. a backpack carrying all the ammo they had. I think simply running over the backpack to collect the ammo would work."

I disagree about the backpack thing. They should just drop their primary weapon.

"E. Blood should form in pools and splatter on the wall when you are shot, but if you are hit with a small caliber weapon, blood should be minimal, but if your hit with the massive Robar then lots o blood."

Yeah, great stuff. Some guy on the boards mentioned a mutator to make the blood look more realistic, too, rather then the bright crimson goblets we have now.

"F. The ability to interupt reloading sequences and switch weapons needs to be implemented. The best example is the shotgun, where you can switch to a pistol quickly without having to reload the whole thing."

Yeah, this has been suggested before, and is very necessary. People say you should just use the 'drop weapon' key, but I think just selecting your other weapon should switch it automatically to save us having to have yet another key close at hand in an already pretty tight key setup.