ohm clan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Just to help you out here......

Is it a new clan?
Do you currently have any members?
Where is the clan based? Euro/US?
What is your primary game type?

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
You're not very forthcoming with details on your clan.

You don't make any attempt to draw people in by getting people interested in anything.

A marketing/advertising person would concentrate on drawing as much "good" attention from their target audience as possible by including details & teasing information.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Originally posted by fiend
what kind of question is that?

Hehe, a funny one.

I am in advertising. I get it :D

In addition to:
Is it a new clan?
Do you currently have any members?
Where is the clan based? Euro/US?
What is your primary game type?

Do you have a server?
What kind of people are you hoping to find?
Actually showing your email might help

Typical ad copy:

Headline: Attract attention
Currently "ohm clan"
Could have been "Join the fun-loving competitive ohm clan and get a free T-Shirt"

Sub-Head: Promise benefit
Currently "ohm clan is looking for new members"
Could have been: "A rare opportunity has arisen for you to join our fun and competitive clan. Tryout now, and if you make the squad you will get a really cool free T-Shirt, along with the prestige of placing these three wonderful letters in front of your online name"

Body Copy: Describe product
Currently "nada"
Could have been "ohm is a fun loving competitive clan located in the Northwest Territories just to the left of Hudson's Bay. We have a server with a P-100 powered by three gerbils and a hamster.

We plan to be a competitive mid-level clan with having fun as our priority.

We do not yet have a website, but if someone would be so kind as to help us set one up, we will give them a really funky free T-Shirt as a thank you.

Tryouts to be held at 8pm Nanuvik time at unreal://123.456.12.12

Footline: Reinforce Benefit
Currently: "nada"
Could have been: "Fun, prestige, and a really spiffy free T-Shirt."

Call to action: Like it says
Currently: "if your interested send email"
Could have been: "Send an email to me, Al Franken, at afranken@hotmail.com to reserve a time limited, while a position lasts only chance to have a fun time fragging with friends...and a chance to win a neat-0 T-Shirt, for free.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
what are your connection?
What ladders are you on?
What skill do you have?

Do you know how to shock combo?
Do you know how to telepunt?
Do you konw how to spam "your using an aimbot"?
Do you know how to ping rape people?
Do you know how to ping rape yourself?
Do you konw what ping is?

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Well, maybe a logo will help them stand out.

ohmed.png

No. I guess not.

(Apologies in advance, I couldn't resist)

Last edited:

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
Re: oh yeah

no more wise asses

i hate sales/marketing people who use catchy lingo to fool dumbasses into thinking they are getting something they are not

Well if that's how you treat people around here, then I strongly discourage anyone from joining your team. I couldn't have any fun with this game if there wasn't any mutual respect and friendliness between my fellow fraggers and myself.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Wow, in his 5th post he finally got the idea that it might be a good idea to post the clan's website URL. (That website is indeed pretty cool; check it out.)

Fiend:
I hope you're better at playing UT than at raising interest in your clan. I assume it wasn't you, who made the ohm website?! You should let *that* guy do the clan PR.