CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I played a match the other night where it seemed like every single time I hit my UAV key, someone else hit theirs at the exact same time. Happened at least three times in a single game of TDM. D:

That ALWAYS happen to me with airstrike.
*Press 6 key*
*Airstrike unavailable*

FRIIIENDLY AIR STRIKE ON THEE WAYYY!!!

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
*Press 6 key*

WAT >:0 REMAP THAT KEY NOW

On another note I'd changed from the P90 to the M4 and used T2A's suggestion on his site for the first perk. The M4 has a longer range for max damage than the P90. The only difference now is I use the silencer vs. your RDS.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Since I figured out how to get more classes, I now have three M4 classes for hardcore -- red dot, silencer, and tube. For the longest time I thought the M4's (and M16's) iron sights were terrible, but at some point a silenced M4 was the only gun that I used in hardcore, so I got used to it. Now I frequently take the potential aim penalty by not using the dot just so I can tube people. That thing's super effective in hardcore mode and it gives me a case of the lulz, and since I'm used to not running the dot it doesn't really affect my aim at all anymore. The only problem there is I can't see claymores. :(

The final two classes I roll in hardcore are a silenced M16 (much better than the G3 and a lot better than the M4 for long-range campering) and P90 for times when extra spam is required (overcrowded Vacant, Chinatown, and Crossfire, for instance).

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Mousewheel air support ftw.

That's what I used to use, but I changed it 2 days ago to caps, easy to hit for me.

I played some HC again, first time in a few months, first 2 or 3 games were fun but then some horrible map came on and eveyone left so I went to another server. Every server and map thereafter had the things I hated about HC. People would just sit at their spawn or someplace a little further away and stay there until they died. The only way the game progressed was me and a few other people from either team killed them. Die, find out where they were, kill them, repeat. So much fun :c I suddenly miss stock.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
[SCREENSHOT]http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lulzhcbi8.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Hardcore + not moving from choke points = win

I'm using the G3 now, I'm better with single shot things and no sway.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm sure like in his UT2004 days Kantham sticks to known low-skill servers. :p

Here's some somewhat interesting crap for the past day or two. The first was hilariously one-sided (several people left), the second I managed to out-score the entire other team on my own, and the third I only died once. I was sooo close to going flawless but I'd run out of ammo and was down to my Deagle looking for anything else lying around when some guy behind a car got me. :(

Good thing hardcore is so effing hardcore. :lol:

Attachments

• shot0063.jpg
    shot0063.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 14
  • shot0064.jpg
    shot0064.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 11
  • shot0065.jpg
    shot0065.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 10
Mar 6, 2004
I might try this again, i've had a cod4 urge for PC again for some reason, even though i quit it because i got worse and worse, maybe now it will be different. been like 2 months cod4 free for PC, and i hate the controllers for the 360 although it is easy owning once you get the basics of the controller sensativity down pat. Or maybe i'll just wait for cod5....:mad: Maybe i just overplayed it...25-30 hrs a week is alot for me. I'm usually 10-15 hrs a week. Farcry 2 MP blows ass, need something to play now that i have seemed to stop playing warhammer (dunno why...i am like that and have no reason). This time i don't care about being as best as i can, i just wanna not suck. 1:0 ratio, 1:2 i don't care.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
That's what I used to use, but I changed it 2 days ago to caps, easy to hit for me.
Who cares how easy it is to hit, the only time you don't get air support first with mousewheel is when you're competing with other people using mousewheel. In COD5, its even more exploitable... almost funny.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't get what's being discussed here. After calling for support that's unavailable you can't re-call for it immediately anyhow. Best you can do is switch to your sidearm so you can make calls quicker than with your primary. D:

I use '2' for support because it's easy to reach.

I found me a low skill server that Kantham might like. First game there was some guy on the other team who did decent but not quite as well as me, but he left, so then I was able to take full control over the server for the next match. :lol:

Hardcore mode is awesome. Did all that without Bandolier, one nade, and a silenced M4.

Attachments

• shot0068.jpg
    shot0068.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: