Is This loadout acceptable?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
&

"Sp!ke"

What about the M79 with an extra M203 GL:D
WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT!?!?!:rolleyes:

Fur if you look closer then it seems like its like that backpack they used in "predator" with the minigun. (just a big box o ammo..)

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
The "point" ?

Looks like some kinda over under config, like a shotgun.
two nades in a split second might be handy depending on the situation.
overkill to us, but remember these guys are used to being badly outgunned.
------------

What's with this -attitude-? And what's with this "our" crap, Mr. Newbie?
now THATS funny, lol

you got three choices.
you can obscure your target with the iron sites.
you can fire it from the hip.

or, you might use the acog and *gasp* fire at a target more than 20m away :D

I use the m-16 and 203 as my main weapon most rounds.
they've already bent the rules of reality and taken away the ammo count and blast radius.

now your asking for them to take away SOMETHING ELSE ...in the name of "realism"? lol
and then you wonder why folks are upset... :p

for someone that complains about snipers, campers and rushers, Im not seeing the luv you should be giving to the gl's that might solve your problems.

LOL! Hell, Fur, I'm almost enjoying this. :p :rolleyes:

Razz says, "I use the m-16 and 203 as my main weapon most rounds. They've already bent the rules of reality and taken away the ammo count and blast radius."

Here we agree (imagine that). Make the damage true to RL and let us carry a few more rounds. Add my vote to yours.

"now your asking for them to take away SOMETHING ELSE ...in the name of "realism"?

No, I'm asking them to take away something in the name of realism (without the quotation marks) if doing so is consistent with real life. If there is an M16/m203/acog configuration used in armed forces, -and- it's possible to zero both the .223 round and the M203 through the acog, at the same time, at a practical/desirable distance, -and- it's possible to fire the M203 using the acog without getting a blacker eye each time, then fine. But I'll have to see the evidence to be convinced (where's Shakken when we need him, LOL).

"for someone that complains about snipers, campers and rushers, Im not seeing the luv you should be giving to the gl's that might solve your problems"

The "complaint" you're apparently referring to was about rushing at 45 mph, or whatever the current uber-speed sprint is. I'd like to see the Inf team incorporate some RA-type stuff into the sniper game, but I have no complaints about snipers. As a matter of fact, I've never once complained about snipers or campers. Not once, ever.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
The M60 'Back Pack' thingy is an Ammo Casette. I beleive it holds something like a 250rd belt thats feed down a guide chute. As I recall there bloody heavy, remember your average gunner only has a 50rd belt fitted normally, an not generally useful as it restricts what you can do with the gun movement wise. A good way to provide a lot of firepower during something like a beach assult where the ground is open and you want a lot of suppressive fire.

&

"Sp!ke"

Does normal belt fed machine guns "only" have 50rd boxes?
Or did you mean: a belt normally contains 50 rounds(linkable)?

Asmodeus: No, you're not obligated to use the scope to aim the M203, but you can. If you go back up to near the top of this page, where I said, "I would like to see the Inf team make that change, so that when you properly aim the M203 on an M-16/ACOG/M203 combo while looking through the scope, all you see is blue sky (not the target the 40mm will strike). Since aiming the M203 through the scope is very easy and effective right now, and it's impossible IRL, it's unfair/unrealistic and should be changed.

Try this: M16 with M203 only (no acog) and aim the M203. The iron sights and barrel obscures the spot where the 40mm grenade will strike. Obviously, if you add an acog to that combo, you would not be able to see the target through the acog (the barrel would still obscure the same spot, and what you will see through the acog will be something well above the target). Yet, in the current Inf M16/M203/acog loadout, you -can- see where the 40mm will strike, and with the assistance of the acog you can place the grenade very accurately. Now, the only explanation for this, if it can be accomplished in real life, is that the M203 mount is different when the acog is added, with some elevation of the M203 barrel, to the point that the M16 can be lowered, in turn allowing the target to come into view. Maybe that's how it's done, I don't know.

The bottom line is this: DO real life soldiers use the acog scope to aim the M203 (which carries a distinct advantage to placing the 40mm grenade), or not? It's really that simple. If they do, then things are fine the way they are. If they do not or cannot, then Inf soldiers should not be able to, either. What I don't understand is why there's even any disagreement about this.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by RAZZ
you got three choices.
you can obscure your target with the iron sites.
you can fire it from the hip.

or, you might use the acog and *gasp* fire at a target more than 20m away :D
Or you can use the weapon the way its meant to be used, and fire looking over the gun with a ladder sight.
Its never fired through the ACOG. You would not be able to see the target.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
btw i think it was tiffy who said you can't fire the m203 from the hip, not if you want to hit anything, in order to compensate for the recoil you have to have it shouldered.