UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Epic has released Patch 2.0 Beta 1 to specific testers and server admins. Besides the sweet-looking new menu chock full of more options and a sexy black color scheme as you can see below, the changelist is the same as in the original 2.0 Patch changelist, with the following additions:

• Try multiple STUN servers if first one fails. Fixes users incorrectly getting the "Your network configuration may not be compatible..." warning.
  • Various localization fixes in all languages.
  • Now writes mod config files to mod directory, and auto-find config files in moddir\config or moddir.
  • Now autofinds localization files in moddir\localization.
  • Now finds splash image in moddir\splash.
  • Fixed gamespy rank query results. Now always properly centers the querying player in the returned list.
  • Added a dialog warning users of nvidia driver version that are known to crash UT3, and to upgrade.

This patch is currently in private beta testing and not available to the general public. Please do not ask Epic for it.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Does this mean the scrolling level in the background is gone now? Yay! Now I won't crash on the Menu anymore! My Nvidia 6200 crashes a lot when I play on the extremely detailed stock UT3 maps but not on the HOLP map pack. Unfortunately the 3D level in the background of the UT3 menu causes me to crash before even selecting the HOLP level I want. If it wasn't there, I would not crash on the Menu.

I'm getting an ATI 4800 series card in the future, though, but I still want to be able to play UT3 until then.

Last edited:

Fife8

Aug 6, 2008
Wow! This color change is so radical! It's much much more appealing actually! :D

There are so much more options too...this patch is going to be so great :)

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
It appears that there still is a level in the background. Except the blur is reduced so that you can actually see it.
Ugh. I wish they'd get rid of this. Waiting for a level to load just so I can use a menu to load a level is absolutely maddening. It's like that old Pimp My Ride meme: "Yo dawg, I heard you like levels! So I put a level in your menu so you can look at a level while you're looking for other levels to play." Valve does it too, and this whole practice needs to die. Just put a friggin' pic in the background already.

Not a fan of the carbon fiber, but could really care less. IT'S GOT REAL GRAPHIC OPTIONS! Wow. Just wow. This gives me real hope for the patch, like maybe they've actually put down the crack pipe and started listening to the community. And/or hopefully fired the people responsible for the first one. Looks like maybe better days are ahead.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008

How do you know? You haven't tried it. Also, judging by the pictures, the background level is gone. I simply can't see it, and there would be no point of having it if Reaper is taking up half the screen.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I'm not talking about the color of the background, I'm talking about the background itself.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
please fix where oponents set to 11 only gives you 9

Thanks for the patch :)

Oh and please fix how bots take 5 secconds to see an enermy player if the bot is defending at a defence point.. they just take so long to respond you can frag them before they respond to you I would like to add defence points to my map if ya fix this :)

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
How do you know? You haven't tried it. Also, judging by the pictures, the background level is gone. I simply can't see it, and there would be no point of having it if Reaper is taking up half the screen.
He knows. And since I'm the one who took the pictures, I'll say it: Yes, a level still loads in the background. Yes, it still scrolls around. It actually jumps a bit when you click different options, as if you "zoomed" through the level.

It's exactly as he said: Less blurry so you can actually see it. But it's still there.
please fix where oponents set to 11 only gives you 9

Thanks for the patch :)

Oh and please fix how bots take 5 secconds to see an enermy player if the bot is defending at a defence point.. they just take so long to respond you can frag them before they respond to you I would like to add defence points to my map if ya fix this :)

1. Bot counts are now listed as "Number of Combatants." This counts you, so 12 will be you + 11 bots.
  2. Play on a higher difficulty and they'll practically 180 in a half a second. :p
But why patch 2.0? This should be patch 4.0... :hmm:
Epic has chosen to call this Patch 2.0 presumably to reflect the enormous changes to the game. And "4.0" is incorrect, too - the prior scheme was 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3. This would be 1.4, but this isn't a minor revision - it's a major one. Thus, 2.0.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Menu looks good, but what the hell are Speed Tree Fronds? Are they adding useless junk to make you think you are making the game look better?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes he has. DeathBooger is on the staff and we have ALL tried it.

There is still a level in the background but loading time and performance have improved dramatically from retail UT3. Plus the level is actually relevant now, it shifts around as you select different menus.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
[*] Bot counts are now listed as "Number of Combatants." This counts you, so 12 will be you + 11 bots.
[*]Play on a higher difficulty and they'll practically 180 in a half a second. :p
1 So its fixed now? thats good because from the sound of it they just changed the UI name

2: I play on masterfull and when you run into that flagroom of dreary3 you can run in and out before the silly bot shoots you (on masterful) SO if thats still that case i WONT be pitting defence points in my new map.. which is sad because you wont get bots sniping you from the sniper tower..

I'd look into that.. Im not a noob and there definitly a bug there. I tested Dreary lots and they defintly react slowly when the bots at a defecne point.. hence I have a personal version of dreay that does not have defence points and they are fine.