Patch 2 underway!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
If all of those changes are actually in Patch 2 and function right..All I have to say is Wow its almost 2k4 Status. Even though it should have shipped with the game in the first place.

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Just stop the "UT3.exe has encountered a problem" so I can actually use my product effectively and I will be pleased.I've lost so much time because of this bs.

The patch is wonderful news though.Looks like a healthy one too.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
I've read the topic at the official forums but there hasn't really been any clarification on the following. Will the new patch that is coming out remove the noticeable time taken to load the main menu after you disconnect from a server?

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing--it's still going to suck having to load the main menu, making the interface clunky and slow. Maybe they'll address that in the third patch.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I'm glad they addressed the issue of Favorites. Hopefully it will work this time and also it will be nice being able to add them directly from the main server browser instead of from the History.

(Just looking for an excuse to test out my new signature.)

Last edited:

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
Dagny is the pic in your sig a map that you made a couple of years ago? I remember DLing a huge UT99 map with the same general look from someone with the same name as you a long time ago.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Dagny is the pic in your sig a map that you made a couple of years ago? I remember DLing a huge UT99 map with the same general look from someone with the same name as you a long time ago.

The map in the sig is CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2. Although it's a large open map in the middle, it actually plays pretty decently in 5-on-5 pickup game (PUG) matches. When I've played PUG matches on it the score seems to end up being 4-3 or 3-2 in overtime. All of my maps can be found at my Unreal Playground mapper page, including PussyWhIpPeD (map that gets played in PUG matches) and Dagnys-Dark-Delight. Click on the map names to see screenshots: http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/member.php?u=868

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Sadly, there is no mention of fixes to intermitant crashes and freezes, OpenAL working with X-FI's, or general fixes to game stability.
Honestly, you'd think thease things would be high priority.

I guess we can allways hope the list is temporary and incomplete, but it does seem unlikely, so my money is on the game still beeing unplayable after the patch.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
They could fix them in the background, sometimes stuff like that doesn't get into public changelogs because they're so technical.