UT3 Patch 2 Internal Beta Changelist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[T.S]Psycho

Brain Damage
[SARCASM]
  • Reduced bot orb spawner camping.
Thought they wanted the bots to act more like humans ? Why do they reduce the orb camping then ?? Players do it as well :lol:

• Bots tend to stay on same enemy more, and focus on key vehicles more.
So now they are going to camp you to death, spawn kill you and keep tracking you down ?? Then you could as well just start playing online as you have those kind of players there as well. :rolleyes:

• Improved bot AI for defending nodes with an orb.
Really, if they are going to act like some of the defending (camping) players out there they could as well place tents near the node for the bots to camp in ;)

• Added bForceNoDetours to UTBot. Don't allow detours when bot is approaching a neutral node (more important to touch node first).
Again humans take detours allot as well, it could be efficient as you won't suspect them coming in using a detour. And grand the bots some side seeing as well. :D

• Bots taunt after winning a match.
And the spamming begins :eek: don't think I will play a match with max amount of bots if they all start using taunts after winning ;)[/SARCASM]

I can't believe people can continue to whine about a news post that proves that the vast majority of SERIOUS issues are going to be addressed in the next patch. Can't you guys be positive about ANYTHING?
Positive == A quantity greater than zero.
UT3 Player count Online > 0
So UT3 Player count Online is positive.
So I'm not the only player playing online.

Last edited:

jasposfagot

My opinion is My opinion, Yours is Yours
May 22, 2005
Instead of working on the AI, they should improve the server browser and other useful things.

This is what we need:
42332302ng8.jpg

:rolleyes:

Well, you can look at this in a couple of ways, if you take the often quoted Epic Quote or Stats if you will, which are often quoted in defence of the low player numbers, and goes something like this,

"The majority of UT players play offline" (not an exact quote or anything, but the meaning is the same)

Then what Epic is doing, by appearing to some, to be working on the AI, as apposed to working on issues that may affect online play/players more, is correct, as they would be appeasing the majority. :)

I myself am very happy to see AI improvements, as I am mainly an offline/instant action player, appart from LAN's, but rarely online.

I do however have an interst in the online side of things being fixed up. The reason being, regardless of how many people play offline, if the online numbers continue to be poor, we may see that the custom content be less in both quantity and quality, as the mappers/modders may see the continual poor showing of UT3 online, as a reason for not creating content, and they may move on to other games, or just not release/create content for UT3.

So as I see it, it is in everyones interest that the online side of things be brought up to scratch. That's just how I look at it :|

Last edited:

BigDragon

Jan 20, 2008
Reston, VA
HTTP redirection for map downloads is still NOT in the patch list. That absolutely has to be sured up and polished. It can't be half-assed again. It currently doesn't work properly if at all in many cases.

There's nothing to indicate that the game will remember cd-keys for people with dynamic IP's. My IP likes to change especially since I'm a laptop/mobile gamer. UT3 can be rendered unplayable sometimes if my cd-key isn't handy to type in for the 100th time, again.

I was expecting more fixes and content after all the silence from Epic. It would be nice if they stopped false advertising Cold Harbour as a map and actually provided it along with several missing characters listed in the official site's opponents section. Scripted texture is way overdue. Unless this patch is really great, UT3 will remain a coaster for my drinks while I play TF2.

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
I really wanted a list of players per server to be added so I can see who is in that particular server. I don't always remember to add friends manually... this would be a great help I think.

But its great that we can now get some custom content rolling on the servers... I have a few maps that my clan could not put up.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
This sucks, why are we beta testing games these days? Epic is the new EA now? By the time the game is like it should have been released like(ie Finished), no one will play it anymore, they will move on.

sorry if someone said that already...

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
HTTP redirection for map downloads is still NOT in the patch list. That absolutely has to be sured up and polished. It can't be half-assed again. It currently doesn't work properly if at all in many cases.
  • Added support for autodownloading packages while in gameplay or while travelling.
  • Fixed HTTP download compression.
There's nothing to indicate that the game will remember cd-keys for people with dynamic IP's. My IP likes to change especially since I'm a laptop/mobile gamer. UT3 can be rendered unplayable sometimes if my cd-key isn't handy to type in for the 100th time, again.
Sounds like
  • Fixed the CD key always prompting when the user has no network card

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
As I see it the patch has something in it for everyone.

Sure I'd like to be able to weapon toss but that doesn't make or break the game for me. And if they ever get to weapon toss how about orb toss as well... that could be handy. I'd like a better server browser but I can still find my favorites and it looks like the patch will fix the max number problem and make it easier to add favorites as well. When it comes to things like team preference and FOV... yawn... I know where to find it in the ini if I really want to tweak them.

One thing I've always admired about Epic, they don't release a game then disappear, i.e. you get patches and extra content. Let's see... UT3 released in November and now a second patch on the way late January. Considering the size of the job and the resources to be allocated I think that's pretty good.

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Hooray! A new patch, yay!

Eh, you can't blame a guy for being happy, now can you?

Attachments

• seriouspatch.jpg
    seriouspatch.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 168

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
[*]Clicking on the settings tab goes to directly to the full settings menu. -=Not bad, subtle but none the less better

[*]Added a ModFamilies array to UTCustomChar_Data to allow mod authors to add families to the list. -=will this help out the problems with the custom factions?

[*]Fixed pathing issues that were causing bots to get stuck in some places. When a move fails, force a route refresh. Add cost to reachspecs when bot fails repeatedly.
[*]Fixed cases where bots could get stuck failing to translocate over and over - bots know to give up now. -=both really good fixes. Especially the translocator one. This will make my CTF-High port much better.

Ide like to see

team colors selection, plus multi team like UT99.
weapon throw
EVERY option avilable in key binding, dont like having to manually bind a different key for screenshot taking in the .ini file
Weapons crosshairs that we can choose
Option in the match setup options for Translocator starts in gametypes other than CTF...like UT99 were you could use it in DM, DOM, etc
Introduction of gametypes such as: last man Standing (with all weapons and be able to set total lives avail) and other gametypes
A better UI for PC users, something UT2004 or better yet, UT99.....
Fixes for UnrealEditor's literally random crashes when opening materialeditors, lighting rebuilds (baffels me),
more UT99/UT2004 music remixes

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Sure I'd like to be able to weapon toss but that doesn't make or break the game for me. And if they ever get to weapon toss how about orb toss as well... that could be handy.
Good luck with that. Numerous Epic people consider weaponthrow + weaponstay ON an exploit :|
As for orb tossing:
Bindings=(Name="eight",Command="dropflag",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
It works for orbs too

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Yep! They still have a long way.

Team favorates (not ini changing)
active mutators list saved
all video options like in 2k4
delay at end of game option
customizable bots like in 2k4
customizable crosshairs
weaponthrow option

theres more but I cant remember em' now

Good to see some bot improvments. Now if we can get them to control vehicles better and not abandoning them everytime when they get stuck, running over each other ext.......

I love the game and its shaping up to be even better. The only thing I really really want is "piped weapon switching". That would be the icing on the cake for me.

Weapon throw? **** that I say...thats what they made ammo for.....

Its interesting that more people play offline and on...I wish would they give online play a chance....I usually see the same 5 people on DM with the occasional unknowns. But hey...thats cool with me...I'll just keep kicking the same people's ass :D

Last edited:

eblade

Jan 29, 2006
I'd like to see not having to have a damn GamespyID to play on a network. If I start a dedicated server for my mod, then try to join it from the command line, without first loading the whole main menu, CRASHOLA!

I'm guessing there's not a lot of care for that out there amongst the devs, since it's pretty obvious they've got some kind of marketing/advertising/cashola deal going with gamespy...

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'd like to see not having to have a damn GamespyID to play on a network. If I start a dedicated server for my mod, then try to join it from the command line, without first loading the whole main menu, CRASHOLA!

I'm guessing there's not a lot of care for that out there amongst the devs, since it's pretty obvious they've got some kind of marketing/advertising/cashola deal going with gamespy...
That's why they made it so you can log in from the command line now :p

IronMan(Erie)

May 31, 2005
Erie, Pa
That's quite alot getting the fix as far as AI goes. I mostly play offline too so this is good news for me. I haven't bought the game yet but it's looking better and maybe the next patch it will be gold. I need to upgrade the pc first but by then patch 3 will be near ready.:rolleyes:
I am very possitive about this and seeing this patch has given me hope for this game.