Two Bugs (Please help test for this, especially on Macs)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

inio

many fauceted scarlet emerald
Feb 8, 2002
CA, USA
www.inio.org
(this is cross-posted from the ataricommunity forums, is that ok?)

There seem to be two bugs that some code I'm working on is up against:

1. Drawing a ShadowBitmapMaterial to a ScriptedTexture produces flickery results sometimes.
2. (2nd hand reports only) ScriptedTextures and Projectors don't get along at all well on macs.

As a result, I've made this map with every combination of scripted texture, ShadowBitmapMaterials, and presentation methods I could think of. If you could please go through the following checklist on your rig and note any inconsistencies I would be very appreciative. I'd like to have as have as much information about these bugs as possible before submitting this to Epic.

Download Here.

The Tests:
1. All three textures on the wall look the same and do not flicker or shake. Run around the room a bit to make sure it doesn't flicker from different angles. Also try switching to the scoreboard or stats HUDs and running around.
2. For each pair of shapes, the shadow on the side of the cube should fade out as it approaches the wall and appear faintly on the wall.
3. For each pair of shapes, the shadow on the sphere should fade out as it approaches the mid-point, and appear dark on the wall.
4. For each pair of shapes, the bounding rectangle of each projector should not be significantly visible, either on the shapes or the wall behind them.
5. no flickering in either of the projected scripted textures (right side of the room when facing the wall for test 1). Go through the same running around and HUD switching as you did for 1. If there is odd behavior with the "Scripted" one (blob shadow texture), is it continuous or does it happen and not happen with a regular repeating pattern?

(incase you're wondering, there's no ShadowBitmapMaterial/BSP combo because there's no way to make a ShadowBitmapMaterial in the editor, and no way to change the texture on BSP geometry).

On my system (Radeon 9600, driver version 7-91), both the bottom textures on the wall will flicker for selected view angles, the BSP one shakes around a bit sometimes, and the ScriptedShadow projector will also flicker for some view angles. Based on reports (not in this map) I believe that item 4 may be the primary issue on macs, but I'm not sure.