VCTF-Dusty Valley Railroad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheBlueGnu

May 28, 2011
I don't know if anyone's done this before, but I'm planning on making a VCTF with 2 moving trains between the flag points. It'll be based on the train and some of the station from my map DM-Tarant_Train_Station_V2-3.ut3
Probably 32 players with more if they increase the cap size.

If anyone's interested I'll post updates as I do stuff on it.

Edit: 1st June 2011

Eh, I'll post updates anyway :p

- I've been experimenting with movement tracks and stuff in matinee and kismet and it looks like one of the things I need my rail road to work is possible.
I have several levels of goals at the moment
- 1: is for one carriage to be able to move between two points and have bots be able to enter at multiple different points on the carriage.
- 2: once a single carriage works, to have the train move as a whole
- 3: have carriages and train move as one, but rotate and translate a bit differently depending on where on the train tracks they are (no idea if that's possible yet)
- 4: have the same train go from one station to another. Be able to move away from the new station and come back to the same point ready for more players of bots to get on. Go back to the old station and let them off. Go around a bend again so it's facing the same way as it was when the map began. Have the whole process able to repeat unlimited times.
- 5: Make another train much the same as the first but in the other team's base.
- 6: Make large map with mountains
- 7: Make player bases with flag room, item pick ups and vehicles
- 8: Play test the buggery out of it.
- 9: Submit map in the new releases forum.

Edit:10th June
- I believe I have succeed in step 1 both for players and bot pathing. I haven't tried a propper carriage where you have to walk up steps yet, just a few simple platforms. I'll work on that next. Still I'm particularly happy I got a lift system working where stepping on either of 2 lifts moves both and the bots can use it :). It didn't seem possible initially, but it works now!

Edit: 16th March 2012
Wow I haven't looked at this in ages. That's uni for you, good things it's finished now.
- Going to try one thing in the editor which might get the objects to translate in one direction without moving going by their local coordinates (seriously who's good idea was it to get a group selection to move that way??). Will update when I've tried

Last edited: