Vehicles in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Very cool vehicles!!! Thanks - BuT: when trying to enter always ThiS happens!

Shot0000.jpg

I also tried to change the display/drawscale property and saved after checking the package.
But its the same problem as with the DDZ model - nothing is changed after summoning.
What could have been forgotten?

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Ok, going to fix the Team Lock part (disable it), and what scale do you want:
75% (0,75), 50% (0.5), other?

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I think 70% for raptor and 30% for bulldog should do it -
but Im also interested in changing scales myself.
So if you gave me a description - Id be better prepared.
Theres another bug btw. - because the harbiger summon didnt work at all.

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
In that case:

1) Open U2Vehicles.u package in Ued;
2) Open each U2 vehicle default properties, located in (actor browser):
VActor > Vehicle > WheeledCarPhys:
Bulldog
Raptor
Harbinger
Juggernaut
3) Then change each one default DrawScale;
4) Check the package to save in the actor browser, and then save it.

Then you should have the vehicles scaled as you want.

EDIT: If some vehicle doesn't get spawned, turn on "ghost" mode and fly a bit above to spawn it, or rather get more space to spawn it. It's like summoning a titan: if they collide with you or with the world, they won't spawn since there's "no space around" so they can fit. That happens all the time with my biggest tank (if there's no space, it doesn't spawn).

EDIT2: Check your PM :)

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Oh yeah - when saving all vehicles it worked!
But Im still unclear with the team locks.
And harbiger wont get summoned if flying or not.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Oh yeah - when saving all vehicles it worked!
But Im still unclear with the team locks.
And harbiger wont get summoned if flying or not.
Check your PM, the team locks are fixed now ;)

Regarding the harbinger, I just summoned one successfully at CTF-Face...

Are you sure you're summoning an "harbinger" (the names can be tricky sometimes)?

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I said explicitly in that PM to not spread those vehicles -.-

The U2Vehicles are originally from Dots (.:..: ), and I just modified/fixed them so you could play with the bots.

If you really want to make that fix available for everyone, talk with .:..: first at OldUnreal or something and ask for permission to release those modified versions of the vehicles, since I just modified in good faith so you could do what you said: "play just with bots and have a vehicle around".

That's why I PMed them for you in the first place, and didn't give the link here :|

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Hey - You have no idea how much I worked on these since that.
I so to say consider them as my own work right now ... . >:p

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Hey - You have no idea how much I worked on these since then.
I so to say consider them as my own work right now ... . >:p
ROFL :lol:

1) I bet your "work" isn't even a quarter of mine when I actually fixed the skins, added scaling support, took out the team lock, and all of this because you were actually lucky that I know the "insides" of this vehicle system in particular, otherwise you wouldn't have a thing.

2) I did this with the best intentions and only since you just wanted to play with bots yourself, and therefore the fix, since I actually like to help people (although I don't visit this forum that much).

3) It's not your work, and you have ABSOLUTELLY NO IDEA how complex is that mod. It is even more complex than Rocket-X or StrangeLove for example. And although I am used to deal with kinda complex mods, you're clearlly aren't. That work is from .:..:, and when I fixed it, that didn't mean I owned his work, therefore after the fix, it's still his work and not mine, nor yours either, but modified by me, and without any kind of permission because I really thought you would follow what I asked nicelly and to keep them for yourself for your enjoyment.
If I intended any public release, I would personally ask .:..: permission first, otherwise it can be considered disrespect and stealing regarding his work.
But I intended to keep it private so you could have your own joy, and that's it, and as long it keeps private, you don't need permissions to modify open source work.

What you're doing right now is disrespecting all the efforts .:..: made to do those packages, joking with mine when I just tried to help you and even steal work which is not obviouslly yours.

And in case you don't know, .:..: marked all his scripts with his name and date of production, which only proves that it's not yours.

I will do as AI said (although his post got deleted), and report that post and ask for the links removal. And everything I asked was to remove the links, and post them only if .:..: agreed with that, period! :mad:

If this is what I get paid when I try to help someone in this forum (which is not the first time), well... help no more from this side, just going to keep developing my own mods at my corner :mad:

I guess I trust to much on people... :(

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Hey cmon - Im sure .:..: will not blame or charge you or me for stealing his work.
Because I neither use it commercial nor for any kind of advertising but for the community!
And these vehicles are like exclusively made for the doomtrooper mod collection btw. .
Please dont be pissed and have no fear I will of course check all your new vehicle stuff though!

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Hey cmon - Im sure .:..: will not blame or charge you or me for stealing his work.
Because I neither use it commercial nor for any kind of advertising but for the community!
And these vehicles are like exclusively made for the doomtrooper mod collection btw. .
Please dont be pissed and have no fear I will of course check all your new vehicle stuff though!
You are joking with me, right? I never meant the "charging", what I say you're doing is "stealing" and "disrespecting" someone's else work, which is never good in a community.

I really don't care if you're going to check my vehicles or not, I didn't even release them, and they aren't even for multiplayer, but for single player maps. And I am not even sure if I am going to be able to finish them as I want to, plus what kind of glory would I have having a "thief" liking my stuff?
Plus, if I was looking for any kind of popularity, I would advertise my released and WIP mods in every UT and Unreal community, but the truth is: I only show mostly when I release, unless someone asks a preview or a video, and it's not all the mods and not in all the communities.
I could have placed screenshots of my vehicles here, and it wouldn't be offtopic, but I didn't, wonder why...

And now you really crossed the line when you say "mods developed exclusivelly for the doomtrooper mod"... WTF?
You make it like it was "you" who developed them, when you stole them!
It's not about "justice", but morality and respect torwards the mappers, mods and whatever people who develop stuff to keep this game alive and with some interest, and I already saw some people leave due to something just like this kind of problem.

Nuff said. :mad:

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Well -Im not sure if the Epic minds welcome my works but I hope the community does.
And the past showed that those guys arent too stingy by even support modding.
So have no anger just consider the vehicles as taken over and sleep well.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Kaal979, I would advice you not to repeat this type of thing again. Have respect for other people who're willing to share their work to help people out. And if they explicitely ask you not to share (or claim it your own) their work, then it really isn't hard to respect that wish it?

Don't be a dick.

Posts those links again, any mention of it as your own work and you might yourself on the sideline for a while. Make your own stuff.

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Kaal979, the community doesn't like thiefs. Only kids who barelly know how the world works and want only to have fun or people that don't know that a certain work was stealed, might enjoy those kind for "mods".

But the rest of the people don't think that way (fortunatelly), specially mappers and coders, and the players who know which work came from, and they are a lot in .:..: case, and since .:..: is not just any coder, but one of the guys who actually develop stuff for Unreal patches.

So basically, once people see this thread, your ideas and where "your mods" come from, the community will start to either ignore you or treat you kinda bad, and the only ones who are going to enjoy, are just the people who are just looking for mods and maps to play and nothing more (and you won't even know who or if they are going to play with your mods, since no feedback is given in their case).

Be happy with the stealing

And on a last note, you won't even know when I release my stuff (since I am not releasing it here), since I don't want you to steal it somehow as well.

EDIT: NeoNite, he has still links regarding U2Vehicles in his topic here (been placed before the warning you gave him, but they are in fact still there):
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=182871

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I really dont understand you.
Maybe the community should organize a protest before your house.
And move you to make more mods for them.