Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Am I right that there is no Limited Edition of any sort to rush out and buy?
If so, I think I can wait a little bit, until I can at least try the demo and see how well it works on my system...

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
tool said:
OMG I WANT THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. I am so excited for Doom 3. I've never been this excited for a video game before. I quite litterally can't control myself. I really really want Doom 3. I am going to do everything I can this weekend to try to get a copy.

Just make sure you dont dismiss it for having poor multiplayer (like some [EDIT] people[/EDIT] will)
:rolleyes:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
FaT CaM said:
Just make sure you dont dismiss it for having poor multiplayer (like some [EDIT] people[/EDIT] will)
:rolleyes:

Doom was never about multiplayer for me. I never got a chance to try it until one time in high school we did a Doom LAN after school one day. :lol:

I hope my system will handle it well.... It doesn't work as smoothly as I thought it would....

MegaManInferno: What graphics card do you have again?

May as well list my specs...
DFI LanParty NFII Motherboard (nForce2 chipset)
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ CPU
1 Gigabyte (2 x 512 MB) Corsair XMS Platinum DDR RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate 256MB (Ultimate has Zalman heatpipe)
Samsung 120 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Antec TruPower 430 Watt Power Supply

Sometimes I feel like it doesn't perform quite up to speed, but I have a feeling that the "apparent" low framerates are due to an old Gateway EV700 monitor that I am desperately wanting to replace. I say "apparent" because the FPS display in UT2004 generally stays at 60+, even on ONS and AS maps. Sometimes it dips below, depending on the situation.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
tool said:
I found the doom 3 readme.txt, bad news, Doom 3 will not install if you have any virtual drive software running in the back ground.
The protection appears to be 'Safedisk3' ... and from what I've heard it's easy to find a no-cd crack already.
Makes me wonder why companies even insist on 'protecting' their software when it's broken before release already ...

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I got doom 3 :D

For a game that I wanted so badly I sure as hell cant play it because its so damn scary. :(

My only gripe with it so far is that the gun shot sound effects are weak! I am trying to find a way to fix that. They sound so puny. They should be ultra loud, everything else sure as hell is, so why not the gun shots?

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
Looks like some BuFers are starting to get their hands on the game. I guess I'll ask a couple questions:

1) Does the game at all resemble what Tom Hall described in the Doom Bible?
2) Have any of you tried running it on 98/ME?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I never read the doom bible.

Doom 3 will not run on windows 98/me. You can install it, but beyond that it wont start up.

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
tool said:
I never read the doom bible.

Take a look. It was the original design plan for Doom that Tom Hall drew up. It was reflected through the original Doom alphas, but obviously was not how the final product turned out. Just curious whether any of it found its way into Doom 3.

tool said:
Doom 3 will not run on windows 98/me. You can install it, but beyond that it wont start up.

Hhhmmmm. Does it stop you before the game even runs telling you it won't run in 98/me or does it crash/lockup/etc?

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
That all could change, even by tomorrow. We get updates all the time about needing to hold something, change the date, etc.

Like today. Just got word that we can't sell it til the 3rd :( It was a pretty firm message too, so I wonder if they're going to crack down on the BBY's who already sold it :p

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
Any word on when EBgames.com will ship the games? Maybe a day early? So I at least get the game by august 3rd. School starts the 9th so I at least want a few days to enjoy Doom!!!