Red Alert 3 gameplay trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GeckoYamori

Apr 27, 2008
Here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34141.html

Putin approves!
1210130840fullreswa0.jpg

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
It better not suffer from the same out of sync problems that Kane's Wrath does, making multilayer useless for many. I'd be tempted to warez it first to check before I shell out on a game I can't play with my mates.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
In Soviet Russia Putin shakes you!

Gameplay looks awesome and that water! Man! It looks so good its making me thirsty!

Banoffee

Armoured
Jan 20, 2008
UK
Almost all the sounds, music included, in that trailer were taken from RA2. Looks like EA are using the same "lure the fans" tactic that they did with C&C3. It'll be half-assed.

^ Super-skeptical RA2 fan. :p

cuddles

Jan 31, 2008
Red Alert 2 was my fist ever RTS game, im not overly excited about RA3 though. It wont be a C&C game without Westwood, EA is just gona slap this game together, like everything else they do.

Banoffee

Armoured
Jan 20, 2008
UK
^ I didn't hear any recycled sounds. :confused:

Honestly? :S

Okay, after watching it again it turns out I was exaggerating. Guess I was just pissed. The music was Hell March 2 (they didn't even bother remixing it), the 'gaining funds' beeping is the same, the commander voice is the same, the soldier's voices are quotes from both faction's basic infantry ("we're pinned down!").

Addition: there's a build time for structures. Ugh! :p ALSO if bullets are crap against tanks like in C&C3 and Generals, I will throw a major wobbler. GIs were actually useful.

Last edited:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Well yeah. One of the new units is an armored grizzly bear... which you apparently deploy by parachuting them into battle. I don't think they're going for a hard-edged gritty depiction of a world that almost was.

But yeah, that looks exactly like CnC3, which looked like RA2, which looked like CnC2, etc. Naval combat has always been a throw-away feature many RTSs, so maybe if they do naval battles right then RA3 might be a big refreshing change to the franchise. Otherwise, it's yet-another-installment.

Last edited:

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
woo rubber and playdoh style buildings and units.

sorry just looks like a cartoon

I think you missed the point.

It's supposed to be a zany cartoony style game.
Did you play RA2?
Giant mind control squids?
A psychic who can stop people on the other side of the world from launching their ICBMs?

This is what Red Alert games are.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I remember being very meh about the first screens they released but this looks like it will be very much in line with the series. I don't know why people are hating on CnC3, it was a very, very solid CnC game and a whole hell of a lot better than Tiberian sun.

~Jason

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
I think you missed the point.

It's supposed to be a zany cartoony style game.

This is what Red Alert games are.
The first RA was a very gritty and down to earth depiction of what it would have been like if Hitler had never existed. It did not involve giant squid or other 'cartoony' conventions.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
...just Chronospheres, double-cannon tanks and a - let's call it imaginative - depiction of the Iron Curtain.

:p

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
The first RA was a very gritty and down to earth depiction of what it would have been like if Hitler had never existed. It did not involve giant squid or other 'cartoony' conventions.
The entire basis of the series is what the world would be like if Hitler was assassinated by a time traveling Einstein.

Try playing the game again. It's probably wackier than you remember.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I like the cartoony look. Also, the Hell March remix is hawt secks.

I'll be skeptical til I hear some gamer testimonies, but I dunno, I might have to get this. I've been wanting another RTS for a long time now.