Oops... Once again.. all I ask...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rox jumping mutator/setting?

• Total voters

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Yep the bio shield jump is awesome. 5 glob does a full charge worth of momentum or atleast close to it in weapon momentum boosted dodges, because you can bio shield dodge slide up the rocket area slide on rankin to the 3rd floor, and you can just short of a full charge of shield dodge slide up there, aswell.

The game developers purposefully nerfed everything else's momentum so the shield would be the primary source of weapon boosted movement. I think it's a good thing that they make it easy to utilize so weapon momentum boosted movement would be less skill-based, but even then too many players want to play a HALO-like utk4 and complain about the shieldgun being too powerful, etc etc. Even when the shield gun is probably the easiest form of weapon momentum boosted movement one could learn.

I don't think 5 glob bio shield jumping is worth much more than a shield tap in as AEnubis already stated, but still it's worth not being dealt 20 damage in certain scenarios when time isn't a factor as AEnubis has said already.

Last edited:

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
BooGiTyBoY said:
Welcome to teh BuF Lagmaster
I give your post a big ol' nod to teh postiveness.

Thanks. I intended to start posting here a long time ago but I've been so busy I just now got around to it.

Neophoenix said:
OK, I was finally able to dl the video and try the jumps out. Now my question is, why? The jumps don't make you go as high as a SG, and the flak is WAY too dangerous to even bother practicing with. So what’s the point of sharpening the skills needed to make goo/shock/flak jumps, when the SG is better suited for such tasks?

I think the main reason for performing other weapon tricks is just for fun :) That's why we have the www.dodgepromod.com website. There are tricks required to complete some of the DPM maps that no one would ever try in a real game. The main reason being the massive amount of damage the player takes while performing the trick.

Here are some links to some videos...

http://www.dodgepromod.com/files/video/DPM_show.rar
- A very nice DPM video by ThalisMan. This one shows some nice weapon tricks. However, you will need Real Player or Real Alternative to watch the video. Go to http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm to download Real Alternative. I think it's well worth the download :)

http://www.dodgepromod.com/files/video/dpm-promo-hiq.zip
- The first DPM promo video

http://www.own-age.com/vids/mirrors.aspx?id=3561
- The best freestyle trick jumping movie I've seen.

Shroom-FX

Basshead
Jul 2, 2005
www.okobo.com
Yeh - welcome to BuF LagMasta, and the J2 forums too for that matter :D

Tricks involving weapons other than SG are usually for show or fun. But there have a been a few occasions in which Ive some of the tricks in deathmatchs. You can for example use the Shoxrifle to dodge alittle further and faster - which sometimes comes in handy reaching certain areas - without having to switch and charge SG. Although tbh, there just arn't that many opportunites. Hope they make it a bit more accessible for 2k7. :)

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
The shock jump is the only one I see as being usable in a fight, because it could confuse your opponent long enough to rain down death rome above. I agree that the goo is only really usable when not in a hurry. Flak jump is still useless though. So I guess I could see why most people only use them to show off, or just have fun. Thx for the links LagMasterSam.

Last edited:

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
Neophoenix said:
The shock jump is the only one I see as being usable in a fight, because it could confuse your opponent long enough to rain down death rome above. I agree that the goo is only really usable when not in a hurry. Flak jump is still useless though. So I guess I could see why most people only use them to show off, or just have fun. Thx for the links LagMasterSam.

(EDITED)

Speaking of tricks you don't want to try in a real DM; here's my favorite trick of all time for UT2004 :) It is called the Bio Dodge Core Explosion Air Jump (BiDCeAJ) using the DPM naming convention.

http://www.dodgepromod.com/files/BioDodgeCoreExplosionAirJump.zip

Last edited:

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
Neophoenix said:
Sounds like it would be hard to do on the run.

Actually, by using the bio secondary you can fire a pile of goo far enough ahead of your player to still have time to switch to the shield gun and perform the combo without stopping. I think you can fire up to 4 charges with the secondary fire and the goo pile will not explode when it lands.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So, there's no poopgun available yet for UT2004?

Come to think off it, is there a bufpack for this game?

The UT bufpack had a poop rifle. In some ways, it pwned the biorifle.

Though it made the level lag, horribly.

But it was hilarious.

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
-AEnubis- said:
5 goo, but moving and landing them all exacly on each other is not easy.

Yes, it's 5 goo if you use primary fire. I was talking about using the secondary fire on the bio rifle to launch one big glob that has 4 bio charges in it. If you try to launch a glob with 5 or more charges using the secondary fire it will explode into smaller globs on contact with another object. By using the secondary fire you will only have to fire one bio glob and not worry about landing a bunch of smaller bio globs in one spot :)

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Probably because I think it charges in twos, so it's either four or six, and since 6 > 5, you'd have to go with 4.

I've always wanted to practice controlled bio charges, but never gotten around too it.

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
The secondary charges one unit at a time because it is possible to fire a bio glob with 1,2,3, or 4 charges using the secondary fire. However, everytime I try to use 5 charges the bio glob explodes on contact with the ground. My guess would be that the velocity and mass is too great for the bio glob with 5 charges to hold together when it hits an object.