I got a problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Alright, yesterday, I decided to reinstall my mouse driver, since none of the other buttons worked, cept for the right, scroller and left button in UT. Now everything seems to work fine, except one annoying problem. Everytime I start UT, there's ALWAYS a mouse curser right in the middle of m screen. I tried changing resolutions, alt+enter, and changed drivers. The only time it goes away is if I set the resolution at 400x??? or any lower than that. And DAMN does it look ugly! Seriously, I can't play in it. Teh messeges get cut off and the HUD gets totally screwed up. THat's in Software Rendering though. I tried OpenGL or whatever, it works, but the reason I didn't choose it before was cuz all the text had a black box over it and I get about 5 FPS in that mode. I use an ATI Rage card. Old, I know. I usually get 10 FPS in UT anywayz. Oh yeah, the way I had it before, before I reinstalled the mouse driver, was Software Rendering at 640x480. ANyway, hpoe you guys can help. THanx. Oh, almost forgot, I reinstalled the mouse driver again to see if that would help.

Big giB

Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Err, oh yeah, my sys specs are P2 350, ATI Rage IIC (I think), Windows 98, uum, not sure bout RAM. Yesh, I know it's a ****ty comp, but everything was workin fine till now.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I guess you have DirectInput enabled.
In UT, go to menu, Options / Preferences and select the Input tab.
You have an option there: DirectInput. If the box is checked, uncheck it.

Big giB

Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Hmm, I had that enabled before and it worked fine. I unchecked it and checked it again with the same results, only difference was the mouse scrolled a bit in the center, got put back to center, I dunno how to describe it, but that was before I reinstalled the driver again. I'll try it out again, thanx.

Big giB

Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
FIXED!

Awesome! I reinstalled a Logitech driver for a different type of mouse, and now everything's back to normal :D Cept I get to use 2 more buttons! w00t!

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
big gib, make sure that the software that is installed when you install the drivers isn't running. disable it with msconfig. Their software doesn't add anything important, (quicker to change mouse settings, etc) but can cause problems. I know when I tried playing redalert with it on my curser was invisable. I shut down that app and everything was fine.