Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
long post goes here

I agree that there is nothing wrong about saying a game sucks but it can be done constructively. Just getting online and saying 0 worst game ever, blizzard sucks etc is not a helpful nor insightful review for a network infrastructure issue.

As a developer it is hard for me it justify or even read reviews that just look like trolls jumping on launch day issue band wagon. If someone actually posted a well though out and reasonable response to why Diablo 3 deserves a 0 score I would not consider that to be a hater or a troll just trying to get attention on the forums of whatever website they are on.

But I highly doubt anyone could make an out right 0 score review in depth of why Diablo 3 sucks. Granted I have not played it yet, but what I played of the beta I was pretty impressed with the gameplay, combat, and visuals of the game, hardly anything I saw would scream 0 this game sucks toss it in the gutter. But seeing people jump on the metacritic 0/10 band wagon just calls out for making fun of them for being whining trolls who can't deal with the fact it is a game, something went wrong, it will most likely get fixed, be patient and enjoy an awesome game soon.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
What? You don't get Release Date Delivery in your area from Amazon?

I have since got an email from my mum. It had arrived at her house (it was a birthday present) and will be here soon. :)

I was wanting to play it on release date but it seems I was saved quite a bit of frustration.

At least I know that the coll ed is mine :D

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yeah why would people want to play a game they bought the day it's released? How stupid.

That would be fine for a single player game requiring no internet connection but for a dedicated online only game like Diablo 3 ffs, it's just retarded to expect a clean, smooth game - you know 10 billion other people are all hammering the connect to server tab.
Best to leave it for a little while longer imo
Looks cool though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Woah, woah, woah, chill people. You're calling them haters and stupid and getting all mad at them and yet look at yourselves. You're the ones who are getting all mad and being haters because of peoples opinions.

Here Sleepy, have a smell at some freshly poop'ed-in boxers. Yes, the ones you're currently wearing.

I know I am definitely disappointed and angry

Yes. You're mad.

Read a few comments on Diablo III, granted that 70% of them are error 37 codes, or typically WII-minded reviews to negate or improve the game overall score

Here's what I mean:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/ODNnQ.jpg[/screenshot]

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Here Sleepy, have a smell at some freshly poop'ed-in boxers. Yes, the ones you're currently wearing.

Yes. You're mad.

Not sure what you mean...

Read a few comments on Diablo III, granted that 70% of them are error 37 codes, or typically WII-minded reviews to negate or improve the game overall score

Here's what I mean:

[creenshot]http://i.imgur.com/ODNnQ.jpg[/screenshot]

Still not sure what you mean...

but obviously companies should not piss off a bunch of video game nerds lest they want to face the wrath of hundreds of negative reviews! OH THE HUMANITY!

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
So my problem with characters disappearing ended up being that the update set my region to Europe instead of Americas on start-up afterwards. Changing it back to Americas got me my characters back. Still disconnecting (3007) ridiculously often for no apparent reason.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
wfLQN.png

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
This really doesn't even feel like Diablo 3. It's more like regular ol' Diablo. Those other games that we've been playing all these years were just beta tests. Blizzard has gotten pretty good at taking tried and true formulas and extending their lives. It's all very therapeutic.

Haven't had any server trouble since the launch day.

TheWhiteDrag#1183

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
How long does this game take to beat?

A couple of Asians (Koreans, most presumably) finished it in a few hours after they rushed it, the game is mostly short in content and has a "fuckload" of scripted events. About the difficulty, apparently just increases the mobs stats such as HP, and not their abilities.

Anyway, for 8-10 years of development, coming from Blizzard.. I wouldn't bother with Diablo III.

--------------------

BTW, my first peek at Blizzard's forums.

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/XNoIm.jpg[/screenshot]

Featuring our dearest friend White Knight Lord.

And I'mma call someone else a moron but you're an idiot for calling me one.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game looks fun and I will surely buy it at some point. I just wholesale disagree with the $60 pricepoint so I won't be buying in until it gets lower. The server fiasco is funny because it happens to Blizzard every time.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
People like to throw a stink, but the exact same thing happened with StarCraft II. A week or two later nobody cared.

I honestly believe SC II has more to offer in the long therm from what I read so far. Therefore, I doubt it will be a no-fuck-given 2 weeks later. D3 just seems to be average overall, at least for Blizzard game!

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
People like to throw a stink, but the exact same thing happened with StarCraft II. A week or two later nobody cared.

Yeah, I remember it well, and this is the point I was trying to make.

Edit: Starcraft is absolutely awesome and still the best.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
TBH SC2s campaign sucked. The game was basically SC 1.5 with some new units for multiplayer. Blizzard has really gone downhill since WoW.

I honestly believe SC II has more to offer in the long therm from what I read so far.

I'm sure people will be dedicated to both, for different reasons. Like Diablo 2 vs Brood War. Still, I think D3 will be too shallow and will get boring long term. At least SC2 has that competitive aspect that can keep things fresh for a long time.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
could some people send me some euro guest passes please ? I'd love to try the game with some friends.

(guest passes are region blocked so american ones can only be played on american servers)