Wallhax (seeing thru walls)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiacus

Feb 17, 2004
I am 'using' something which might qualify as a wallhack. It's called an Audigy 2 with CMSS 3D emulation and a very expensive headset. I can hear exactly where people are by the sound of their footsteps (I can even hear them breathe! :p) and predict when they hop around a corner. Also prevents people from sneaking up behind me. Of course, that doesn't work when I'm also listening to music. ;)

OnYx(DCSB)

Jolt Adm1n
Mar 15, 2004
1337 setup hax!! I demand you use your on-board audio ;)
You back playing again Brainiacus?

btw, PRG made a very good point, if all this is relevent to old 'non-xmp-compatable' vid cards then whats the problem? I'm happy to duel anyone with 10 fps even if they can see me through walls.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Brainiacus said:
I am 'using' something which might qualify as a wallhack. It's called an Audigy 2 with CMSS 3D emulation and a very expensive headset. I can hear exactly where people are by the sound of their footsteps (I can even hear them breathe! :p) and predict when they hop around a corner. Also prevents people from sneaking up behind me. Of course, that doesn't work when I'm also listening to music. ;)

LOL... exactly! Yes i also use a very very VERY expensive 'audio line' and i know i hear plenty more then the regular player. So many times i've heard one comming while the rest of the guys just not even turn around or anything. People please realise you need not just a decent video card and monitor... also an audio card and QUALITY headphones are a must have for any 3D FPS gamer.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
I run XMP on an athlon 1800+ and a GF3 with 512MB Ram. It's slow, but in most maps I get a good 30fps. It's only those that have framerate issues that cause a problem, and even they are very playable. Also means you don't notice how much you're ping sux ;)

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
washuu said:
Technically... even if your video card stop rendering that... the engine is telling the video card to render anything behind that mountain or building either... so no wall hacks for you :D
Only if the mapper (GASP) remembered to put an antiportal in. And meshes/BSP structures don't have this issue. I'll see if I can nab a screenshot later.
Then again, I'd trade this "advantage" for the ability to NOT crash on Hell/Miasma any day.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
fireball said:
Only if the mapper (GASP) remembered to put an antiportal in. And meshes/BSP structures don't have this issue. I'll see if I can nab a screenshot later.
Then again, I'd trade this "advantage" for the ability to NOT crash on Hell/Miasma any day.

Also, you can zone interior portions of maps which means the engine won't render what's inside if you can't see into a an interior area

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
PRG said:
... the geforce 3 is really marginal for XMP play...
XMP, like most Unreal engine games, is more CPU-bound than other games. The Geforce3 is old, but when tied with even the lowest end Athlon64 (2800+), you can get up to 65-70fps on the more fps-friendly stock maps. On other 'framerape' maps you can get about 30-35fps, which is still quite playable. That's at 800x600, and is after modifying the MyU2XMP.INI. I'm talking from personal experience here.

Also, another example pic:
http://www.asus.com.cn/products/vga/images/game-6.jpg

Last edited:

Brainiacus

Feb 17, 2004
OnYx(DCSB) said:
1337 setup hax!! I demand you use your on-board audio ;)
You back playing again Brainiacus?
I never really quit playing, I'm just rarely on the servers. ;)

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
flack ho said:
omg hax
wireframe mode
Exactly, this is what I'm talking about.

The whole problem is not just with older Geforce cards. That was just the most popular one. There were other cards on the market with this capability, such as the Sis Xabre cards (the Xabre600's were about as fast as a Geforce3, though they had crappy image quality). Here's a wireframe pic from a Xabre card:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/xabre400/nat-wireframe-s.jpg

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
There's all these stories about cheaters in XMP, yet for some reason, I've never come by any kind of an aimbot, wall or speed hack. I know there are aimbots, but a lot of the time, I think most accusations are to blame mainly on paranoia.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Brainiacus-are you using one of those 3d positional headphones, or just regular (but pricey) stereo headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.