Most amazing racing simulation ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

w00p

Windows at its best
I played the demo and damn, this game is simply too great.
This may be the reason i'll buy some cheap wheel cause damn its hard with the keyboard. :p

Could you please list all cars featured in the full game, since you can only play with a subaru in the demo and I would love to ride a Focus, Xsara and Lancer with realistic handling in a game so you can drive as if its the real thing, and not feel suicidal if the car hits a tree... :p

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Richard Burns Rally features 8 A8 Series class rally cars. They are as follows:
(specs & liveries to follow)

Peugeot 206
Mitsubishi Evo VII
Hyundai Accent
Citroen Xsara T4
Toyota Corolla
Subaru Imprezza 2003
Subaru Imprezza 2000 (Bonus Car)
MG ZR Super 1600 (Bonus Car, 2 wheel drive)

And more info:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/146

Plus more on how realistic this game truly is:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/150

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I can personally vouch for the Logitech MOMO Force Feedback USB, best wheel I've ever used (I've used quite a few), and it certainly did improve my performance in game from a cheesy 180* wheel.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I read a review or two of some new racing games but not sure of this one. What I want to know is the physics. Is it realistic. I read that one game out there it feels like the the pivot point is in the centre of the car. Is it this one. Also is it a simulation or a game?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
w00p said:
WOW, wait, is the MOMO a 2-and-a-half turn wheel?
Ok, thats quite great, the one argument my mom always used against me buying a wheel for the playstation way back is bull**** now. WOOOO

I'm talking about the PC one, its a 270 degree wheel, not as much as you're looking for, but Logitech JUST came out with a 2.5 turn wheel for the PS2 if you want the PS2 version of the game.

(SDS)benmcl said:
I read a review or two of some new racing games but not sure of this one. What I want to know is the physics. Is it realistic. I read that one game out there it feels like the the pivot point is in the centre of the car. Is it this one. Also is it a simulation or a game?

I told you, http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/150 .

But I'll quote a small portion of it anyway:

Multi Body System

Existing rally games are largely based on a single body system. This presumes that each tyre doesn’t have its own individual mass; therefore a tyre will stick to the ground until enough force is generated to lift the entire car off the surface

Our model is based on a multi body system, where each wheel is given its own mass and therefore moves realistically over uneaven road surfaces. Each wheel works independently, reacting individually to the ground features it is driven across.

For the player, this means that the slightest change in road surface will be detectable in the car's handling, so the player will feel potholes, rocks and even road camber as they drive.

th_5.jpg
th_6.jpg

w00p

Windows at its best
Well, unexpected turn of situation, I don't think I'll be splitting the money for a driving game and accessory wheel toy of 80€.
My dad just told me today he feels like buying a wreck oldtimer car and repairing it together with me, and making a hobby of it. :D
He's already shown interest in the MG mini cooper. :p
Quite crappy though that I won't be able to drive it for another 2 years... legally. :mwink:
(I'm sure my dad would let me drive it on an empty parking lot or in the sandy roads between the fields openly available around here, but still, no going to school with it, no bragging to friends and stuff... :p )

Can't help but imagine myself driving a british racing green cooper with a white decal on the roof or something. :D