[ut2003]creating a GuiTabPanel for GameRules

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Ok I've created a new gametype and linked to it a gameRules tab Panel in the Instant Action menu(via the int file)
Now the problem is that if I subclass it from GuiTabPanel none of my defaultProperties Subobjects work.
On the other hand,if I subclass it from tab_InstantActionGameRules,they do appear but I can't remove the default subobjects.
So anybody have a suggestion? what do I have to do to have my subobjects appear in a guiTabPanel?

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Ok I just found out it was because of the variables winHeight and winTop that I didn't setup in defaultproperties.
I think they must be at 0 by default or something like that. :D

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
after many tries I found out that you can't subclass a gamRules Tab Panel from GuiTabPanel because the play() function won't be called.
You ave to subclass it from Tab_InstantActionBaseRules and erase the default controls that you don't want to have (for example setting their dimensions to 0).
If anybody has a better way to do it please tell me.