UT3 DOM Dated, Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Looks very promising! :D The X signs look a bit too 'classic' but that might be just me... I'm glad my favourite levels from UT are back, and the new ones look interesting aswell. Are there any more maps in the works? ;)
Hope it is a success, good luck!

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Looks very promising! :D The X signs look a bit too 'classic' but that might be just me... I'm glad my favourite levels from UT are back, and the new ones look interesting aswell. Are there any more maps in the works? ;)
Hope it is a success, good luck!

Yes, i think there are about 4 other maps in the works, 1 very special map is going will blow your minds when its completed.:D

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Wow...I'm very impressed in the amount of good comments on this mod. I thought bringing it back two months would be bad, but it turns out...that I have this strangest feelign this mod might be one fo the top 3 UT3 mods of all time (imho). If not, one of the best ones. :)

Also, for any questions of UT3DOM, I am your man...after all, I did start teh mod back in 2006. XD but yeah, any questions can be forwarded to StraToos (Ignotium), Mr. UglyPants & myself. :)

Also, We are planning on releasing a Bonus Pack & a mappack for this mod as well. :D Stay tuned for more info. :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
great news! i'll get this for sure. :D

btw - was there a classic domination version for UT2k4?

Yes, the exact same coder who coded that mod, coded UT3DOM. :) His name is Snake.PLiSKIN, although everyone calls him Snake (not to be confused with Solid Snake btw :) )

n00b question: how do you find/join a server running a modified gametype? You can't do that with the ingame server browser can you? So are you forced to join by typing the ip in the console?

The way Epic & GameSpy created the servers, all custom gametypes use a special server for non-official gametypes. You can still type in the IP of the specific server you want to join, but searching through the browser, you'll eventually find a couple of UT3DOM servers that'll pop up. ;)

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice

sweet-
And man, when you started out it looked to me like this wasn't going to go anywhere, and you really followed through. So Good Job!

n00b question: how do you find/join a server running a modified gametype? You can't do that with the ingame server browser can you? So are you forced to join by typing the ip in the console?
They will show up in the server browser, but all of your custom gametypes will be lumped together in the same list.

Last edited:

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Great. I'll have to load up UT3 just for this. But...will there be any servers for it and will there be even a single regularly populated server for it? Let's hope so.

Mr. UglyPants

Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
We hope they'll be servers too.

Glad to see so much support for the mod(i just test and coordinate a bit), the team has been doing amazing work. You'll be pleased.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
I'll put up with a 200+ ping just to play this mod. I hope there'll be lots of people on. The spammy gameplay will compensate for the lag.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
about the only criticism I can think of offhand is new control point icons would have been nice. but thats just a nitpick. :p

I cant wait to download :p

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
about the only criticism I can think of offhand is new control point icons would have been nice. but thats just a nitpick. :p

I cant wait to download :p

You'll be able to download today, since it's the release day today. :D Now, we are still preparing for the final and last stuff before public release, but we'll let you know when it's availble for public download. :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
No rush guys, if it has not been finished yet you should hold on and see that everything is working properly... a short delay would be better than a buggy release... ;):D

Mr. UglyPants

Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Seems i was a bit early on saying that, seems in 24 hours, our coder Snake managed to fix the cooking issue and has cooked all the maps.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Ok, so, for the techy heads out there
We are having a lot of troubles with the cooking "thing", it's really a pain in the ass. All the maps are ready to be delivered and released, but we just cant cook them cause the ut3.exe keeps crashing all the time. and well, besides that, the BETA1 for patch 1.3 removed a very important "function parameter thingy" vital to almost any modification of the game. Snake told me he emailed the epic guys about this, and they said "sorry we'll fix ok". Other than that, we're pretty much ok

And is really frustrating to have this stuff finally ready, and not being able to release it