Jackie Chan Style Wall Dodge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who

----
Dec 3, 1999
Trinidad, West Indies
I've been working on some code to allow player to do multi jumps off the walls to gain height. Everything works fine except for one problem, i can't get it to work as a mutator.

I have given up on trying to make it work as a mutator . I have looked on the net for info on doing it and it seems that it is impossible. I will have to incorporate it into a new game type to get it to work.
If anyone knows how to change the player class using a mutator please let me know how.

For now, if you want to see how it works, I have attached a zip file with this message. Just extract it to your UT2003 system directory. You will then have to open the user.ini file in the system directory and change "Class=Engine.Pawn" to "Class=MarioPak.MarioPawn". It should be right at the top of the file. Just start any game in UT and you should be able to multijump of walls. Remember to change back to "Class=Engine.Pawn" when you done testing or you will not be able to play multiplayer games.

I will hopefully be working on more stuff to make a cool new game type with the multi-wall jump as an added feature....I don't want to make a whole new game type just for the jump.

Attachment: MarioPak.zip (3063 bytes, 0 views)

Attachments

• mariopak.zip
    3 KB · Views: 13

Who

----
Dec 3, 1999
Trinidad, West Indies
Wormbo said:
You shouldn't change the player class from a mutator. It's ok from a Gametype, though.

BTW, I already made a multi walldodge mutator: Multi Dodging
You can extract its source code to see how it works.

In my quest for info on changing the player class I had come accross your mutator already :D. The problem with your mutator is that you don't add any Z velocity. I was going to use the dodgehack code along with some of mine to avoid having to change the player class but alas, it was another failure. I got the player to go higher evertime they kicked of the walls but the problem was that you could now dodge from the floor and gain significant Z velocity :rolleyes:

Who

----
Dec 3, 1999
Trinidad, West Indies
YESSSSSSSSS It works. I just had a brainstorm after reading back my last post. Wormbo, I modified your code and now everytime you dodge off a wall you go higher and when you dodge on the floor it work as usual.

Their is one problem with your code though...I think. I tried a multiplayer game before I modified your code and only the server can multidodge. Any ideas??