saving changes to scripts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

axiom82

Nov 4, 2001
dca.ipfox.com
after i edit a ut script from within unreal ed...how do i save my changes strictly for that level?? Don't i have to compile to script? Unfortunately, ut crashes when i save after compiling. How do i save script changes??

Dryn

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

I'll be kind as your are obviously new to this...

First, you don't, _dont'_, edit scripts from UED. Very unstable, very dangerous (unstable means you hardly ever get a working object and you also tend to F**** up your game) and any 'changes' you make to existing objects are permanent, and happen to destroy network compatability.

Thus, you visit Unreal Wiki (wiki.beyondunreal.com) and find out about ucc; this is the unreal compile program.

Then you find more info on setting up a project, compiling the said project, finding these elements ingame, etc.