utx texture extraction

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ddx

Dec 16, 2003
Hi. I want to extract some utx packaged textures for use in a completely different game (don't worry, they are freely available custom textures). But I can't find any extraction tools that don't require UnrealEd to be installed (and I don't have any of the games with UnrealEd).
Is there any other way of extracting the textures to something like .bmp or .jpg?

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
There is a tool out there called UTX Viewer or something that lets you view/extract textures, but the easiest way is to just fire up the editor and do it from there. In case you're not familiar with the process, just open the texture browser, open the package you want, find the texture you want, then go to File -> Extract. Set a directory and there you have it.