Borderlands 2 DLC 'Pirates Booty' Due Next Week

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, the second Borderlands 2 DLC to be released, will launch on October 16. The Mechromancer DLC, which was just released, is free to all of those that pre-purchased Borderlands 2 ($9.99, if not) and the 'Booty' DLC is the first of four coming to those that own the Season Pass.

Captain Scarlett has set out to create a tropical paradise on Pandora, but has succeeded only in attracting pirates.

"Legends speak of Captain Blade's Lost Treasure of the Sands. Of a prize so great, that men would turn the sands red in pursuit of it. Of a pirate queen, courageous and deadly, who would stop at nothing to find it. Of a monstrous Leviathan. Of the Vault Hunters who journeyed to the desert town of Oasis, not knowing the horrors that would befall them."

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
That was quick. I still haven't bought this game yet. I might finish BL1 first and buy BL2 as my holiday season treat.

Captain Scarlett?

I thought this was Captain Scarlet:

portrait_scarlet_new.jpg

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Still find it funny that the price is the same as a single skin.

Anyway gonna wait till this drops to sub $5 bucks because honestly I have only seen one dlc(knoxx) that was even worth the asking price.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Still find it funny that the price is the same as a single skin.

Anyway gonna wait till this drops to sub $5 bucks because honestly I have only seen one dlc(knoxx) that was even worth the asking price.

I am hopeful that Gearbox isn't going to be dropping any Moxxi's arenas into the Season Pass package. I'm thinking not since they are calling all four of the DLC "campaigns". Plus they already have that Gamestop exclusive arena to throw out there at some point. I paid $20 or so for the thing on sale, so I feel pretty good about that.

Regarding Borderlands, yeah Knoxx was easily worth the asking price. Zombie Island and Claptrap weren't too bad but nowhere near as strong.

I think calling Mechromancer a "skin" is a little harsh though. It's a fully fledged new character.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
This is coming out surprisingly early...I haven't even got through the base game yet.
I'm playing through it slow and collecting as many of the badass items from each area that i can hunt down.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
or at least more damn backpack space.

This is easily one of my biggest gripes. Or at least more space to store them in the bank.

I understand that having an enormous backpack means that you're probably just going to run around like a vacuum cleaner, picking up guns without ever really paying much attention to them, but I like to collect unusual guns. Give me someplace to keep all those unique guns I find! Half the crap in my backpack isn't being used, it's just there because I like the gun.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I've not had a problem with the backpack size at all. I barely monitor my inventory until I'm either out of space of nearby somewhere I can sell stuff, and it's usually the latter.

My mind boggles if you're running out of space in the bank D:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Between everywhere you can store things you get 47 spaces.

47!

In BL1 you got 72, I had my save hacked to get 200 and I kept that mostly full of guns that I liked. Considering how much of an issue backpack space was in BL1, it boggles my mind that they REDUCED it.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've not had a problem with the backpack size at all. I barely monitor my inventory until I'm either out of space of nearby somewhere I can sell stuff, and it's usually the latter.

My mind boggles if you're running out of space in the bank D:

There are three elements, six gun types, grenades, shields, relics, and class mods. I like to have the right weapon/shield/mod for the job. Do the math!

And then you have the fact that I like to collect unique guns...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
People bitched about backpack space in BL1, so Gearbox lowered it in BL2.

Keep bitching guys and BL3 will have half that :)

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
You can do it at any time, just fast travel to Oasis. I'd advise not going there unless you're level 50, since the DLC enemies and drops will be scaled to whatever level you started at.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can do it at any time, just fast travel to Oasis. I'd advise not going there unless you're level 50, since the DLC enemies and drops will be scaled to whatever level you started at.
That on TVHM? Because on Normal mode they are about level 30 and I can walk all over them.