Epic's China Subsidiary: Mercenary Ops Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
I have to agree with Roadkill :|
These companies have so much leverage, but it's always some variation on an existing theme at best.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I have to agree with Roadkill :|
These companies have so much leverage, but it's always some variation on an existing theme at best.

Isn't that what pretty much most big-budget hollywood 'films' are these days?

Truthfully, smaller companies have more creative liberties available to them, as they are either A. not as constrained by time and budget, or B. not as constrained by publishers and marketing.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
GOW + Mass Effect + chinese
Saw the Facebook page; quite generic but I wouldn't mind it at all if the gameplay turns out to be fun. Plus it looks good.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Meh. It looks pretty good in my opinion. My only complaint is that the cinematics have really sub-par animations. Strange since the in-game animations look really smooth.

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
Meh.

This looks like another generic game to me. Nothing about this trailer even makes me want to play or look into this. It dose seem to have online co-op along with the MP however.

I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm not holding my breath for something outstanding.

And here I had the balls to even think they were working on another UT.

PC exclusive

3rd person shooter

...someone didn't get the memo,.. the from pretty much every PC gamer ever in the history of forever. :rolleyes:

Not only does 3rd person smack of "This is so going to be a console game, no matter what fluff they SAY, it's going console", but I've yet to ever play a 3rd person shooter with a mouse that didn't have control feel that sucked so badly I abandoned entire franchises over it.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
is this trailer that exclusive pc unannounced game ? If so

keep walking

I don't think this is the PC exclusive title CliffB mentioned. The reason is simple, Yingpei Games is NOT Epic, you guys can forget about the "former Epic Games China" part.
This game, was originally named "Quan Qiu Shi Ming(in Chinese, meaning Global Missions, sort of)", and that was the Chinese version. Now it's renamed as Mercenary Ops, because that sounds good for overseas market.
It's a TPS Gears+CS-like online shooter. The last time I played the beta, the gameplay was having some glitches here and there, hope it got improved by now.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The reason is simple, Yingpei Games is NOT Epic, you guys can forget about the "former Epic Games China" part.
To clarify, they're an external studio - a part of Epic Games. I think what you're saying is that when Cliff and Mike talk about the games they have lined up, this game from Yingpei is not one of them.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I'd think about buying it for $15. If they think about charging more, it will fail miserably like that other game they released not too long ago, Bullet something.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I gotta be honest, I'm all burnt out with this genre of game for a while until it's either re-imagined from a gameplay & art direction perspective.
I didn't think there was any more shelf space for this these days.
C'mon guys, take a leap.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
To clarify, they're an external studio - a part of Epic Games. I think what you're saying is that when Cliff and Mike talk about the games they have lined up, this game from Yingpei is not one of them.

I think studio like PCF is a part of Epic Games, but Yingpei is more like a parter who working with/for Epic Games. They do outsourcing for Epic Games, and develope MMO solutions based on UE. But so far I don't see a game from Yingpei is also considered a game from Epic, and Yingpei is also not doing promotion about that.
:rolleyes: