Deus Ex sucks!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
That's right folks. This game sucks. I didn't play it until now and many of you told me to try the game in the past. But here I tried the game now, and I can't even stand playing it. So many buttons and **** and inventory. I don't ****ing want OVER 9000 inventory.
And the menu sucks ass, I almost vomited when I first started the game and hit Escape. WTF? I had to change the color scheme so that i can even look at it, god...

But this game is so ****ing slow, it's unbelievable. This is just bull****, the most overrated game ever. Best FPS/RPG my ass.

I'll take Daikatana anytime over this, I enjoy it MUCH MUCH more than this BS.

JOHN ROMERO IS THE GOD! WARREN SPECTOR SUCKS!

Hell I even take anyday that terrible N64 port of Daikatana by Kemco, hell I had more fun playing that and I consider it as really bad bad port. ****. The story sucks too, what the hell, I would rather blow up those counter terrorist assholes, they are ****ing ass, I would rather join the ****ing terrorists.

The levels look like ass too, I opened one of the multiplayer levels and I couldn't ****ing stand it. And that gave me overview of all those weapons. Let me tell you one thing, they suck ass too, all of them. The flamethrower flames look really ****ty too and the rocket launcher has same effect like shocksphere in Daikatana, wtf.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
PCG203.DeusEx_Pullout5.jpg

PCGWeb_TakingLiberties_4.jpg

PCG203.Feat_DeusEx03.jpg

PCGWeb_TakingLiberties_Box3.jpg

DeusExTongEng.jpg

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
LOL
So you didn't play it enough to see the weapons but know that the story sucks.
And you say Daikatana is better.

You gotta make sure there's no logical errors and make it more believable than that if you want to troll successfully.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
LOL
So you didn't play it enough to see the weapons but know that the story sucks.
And you say Daikatana is better.

You gotta make sure there's no logical errors and make it more believable than that if you want to troll successfully.

Okay, someone just revealed to me that you end up fighting the corporation in the end. How ****ing predictable!
I mean I wnated to fight against them as soon as the intro ended!

Okay the only positive things about this game is that you can choose ways to play, to setup your character and also choose different dialogues, but that's allt here is positive about this! That's ****ing all. This is the most oring FPS I ever played and the most cliched and unfun.
Hell at least I can kill rats and seagulls, I want to ram the dead seagull into bodyguards throat and stuff. Oh and the training completely rips off half life. How ****ing lame. This is like half life slowed down by 100 percent. ****.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Shut up Leo. All of your threads complied together contain more truth than this load of stew.
Deus Ex is very good, and possibly my favorite game.
If you continue to lie I will find you, and I will kill you.

Also the graphics are bad and the menu looks funny. so what? It's fun.

Your avatar is bad.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
You do realize that this game is 11 years old?
Also: Shut the **** up!

Yes I realize that you smartass. This game is everything that I consider bad in games. I don't judge games by covers and what the general public opinion thinks. If you knew me you would know that.
For example I played for first time Heretic in 2010. And I ****ing loved that game and it is even much older than this. But it has atmosphere, it is fun, has good inventory system, simple and effective and it looks really cool despite it being on the Doom engine, Hexen as well, it makes better use of the engine than Doom2 ever did, Doom2 sucks compared to these games.

Now when I compare Deus Ex to those masterpieces, it cannot even match. So...yeah..

Damn I hate Deus Ex so much now...

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I get the feeling Leo is one of those everyone-else-likes-it-so-if-I-hate-it-then-I'll-be-cool people. Like a hipster but more annoying.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
DAIKATANA ROCKS! (despite the bugs and flaws that is, but whatever, after the troubled developement and the hell it went to, it's wonder that game got released and it didn't suck, unlike Deus Ex)

I LOVE DAIKATANA.

I get the feeling Leo is one of those everyone-else-likes-it-so-if-I-hate-it-then-I'll-be-cool people. Like a hipster but more annoying.

Ahahaha sure. I like many games which were well received. But I judge this from my view, but this is really overrated POS I mean I made this thread and knew it would backfire like hell, because you all are suckers for that game. It proves my theories and everything. I am so smart.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Ahahaha sure. I like many games which were well received. But I judge this from my view, but this is really overrated POS I mean I made this thread and knew it would backfire like hell, because you all are suckers for that game. It proves my theories and everything. I am so smart.

I've never played Deus Ex and even I know you're full of s**t. Also way to go from being a snobby hipster-wannabe to being an arrogant douche. Seriously, you're even beginning to piss me off.

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
How does Daikatana even relate to Deus Ex anyway. What's the connection. Why are you talking about it?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What does Daikatana even relate to Deus Ex anyway. What's the connection. Why are you talking about it?

It's made by same company, but a bit different team. Some of the people worked for both of the games, but they were lead by different persons. In Daikatana it was John Romero, in Deus Ex it was Warren Spector.
Daikatana was a complete loss, after it's lenghty developement and the fact that the original team left and new programmers came in and made the game code a mess. People were paid to bash the game even more than necesary, everyone trusted the ****ing reviews. Almost nobody bought it when it came out, it sold only 200 000 copies originally. That's really sad you know.

Then Warren Spector finally releases his game that nobody talked about and nobody cared at first and BOOM it's a huge ****ing hit and everyone praises it and stuff. Yeah.

**** Warren Spector. Long live Romero!