Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
--Battl-e-Field_3--

Finally DICE is starting to let out more information about the next Battle-Field game in the original series (not bad company). Supposedly there'll be some more information coming later today, but right now we already have an okay looking teaser.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGGR0FDvDc[/M]

What is so great about it, is that it shows jets.

Anyway, I'll update this post as more information is revealed.

Update: 64 players confirmed for PC. Max 24 players on consoles. There will be jets and prone too. It's kind of nice to know, though at the same time it's just a return to the original BF1942 formula. But that's nice.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/battlefield_3/b/pc/default.aspx

Update 2: Apparently there will be DLC about one month after the release of BF3. It will be very similar to the booster packs from BF2, introducing some new maps and weapons. The DLC will feature remakes of 4 BF2 maps and some weapons, apparently. Here's an image with text on it.

icdLSa.jpg

edit: holy broken sentence batman

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yay another series that started on PC that can get the shaft on PC.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
"Enemy submarine spotted!"

The return of naval units would be sweet, though it no doubt won't happen.

And it's not going to be PC exclusive any more, but the pc version is going to be getting special treatment over the consoles. As long as it's not speshull treatment it might be ok. Here's hoping. :hmm:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
why do you say that?

Because they sneakily released this "trailer" on the same day they announced they won't ever be releasing Bf1943 on PC after all.

HAI GUYS LOOK! BATTLFILD 3!!!!
Oh, we cancelled that PC game we've been promising you for ages. Buy it on consoles instead, because we're about to pull the servers.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
64 players on PC versus 24 players on console. How is this the short end of the stick for PC?

Just because something is multiplatform does not make it terrible.

DLC may or may not be exclusive to consoles. If so it has a chance of not coming to the pc at all - Dead Space 2 for example

Game may run like ass on all system configurations - Black ops for example

Typical pc user bitching about menus and such

NO PC DEMO!!!!! Oh em Gee

There are more reasons I am sure.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Yay another series that started on PC that can get the shaft on PC.

Yeah, how dare the PC version look better and support 64 players...

Wut?

Anyways, words cannot properly express how excited I am for this. BF2, while flawed as hell, was my very favorite multiplayer game ever. I still play BC2 and prefer it to the COD series and upping the destruction, making bigger maps with more vehicles and 64 players is all that I ask, really.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, how dare the PC version look better and support 64 players...
It will also feature awesome things like MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT and GRAPHICS OPTIONS.

Bleh.

Look at Bad Company 2 and tell me which version DICE/EA care more about. Bad Company 2 is awesome on PC and yet they still don't care about it.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Look at you all. Complaining and being grumpy already. Only page one and a 43 second video and you all find some stuff to whine about.

Beyond Unreal is weird.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Look at Bad Company 2 and tell me which version DICE/EA care more about. Bad Company 2 is awesome on PC and yet they still don't care about it.

Didn't pc users get a free map that console players didn't get because they beat them in some stat race? The actual link is in the steam news section of BC2.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
It will also feature awesome things like MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT and GRAPHICS OPTIONS.

Bleh.

I have no idea what you mean. It is awesome on PC and it got the new maps for free, plenty of patches and Vietnam for $15. How do they not "care about it"? What more should they do, add a little banner to the load screen? BC2: We care about the PC?

What did the consoles get that PC didn't? And let me go over this again. The PC version is awesome.

~Jason