Checking in...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
The closest thing to INF has been hardcore Battlefield Bad Company 2. Besides that, I have been wishing I was playing INF like the old days. I guess classic cars, a boring desk job, and marriage will have to do in the mean time.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
I bet it's the dearth of good tactical gaming that keeps people coming back to these parts of the internet. It's good to see people still playing the good fight. I've been lurking the Blackfoot Studios forums but they're currently down a coder (I think Beppo was their coder) so what little progress was being made has sorta completely halted.

I ran into some INF guy a while back on the Medal of Honor forum but I forget who he is. I have MOH on preorder - coming out tonight - and with good team work the multiplayer is pretty rewarding, but it's an arcade cluster**** as far as realism goes. I was thinking about booting up INF again since it might look okay after I force 32x AA on it but I can't find the UT disk. Alas.

Woden

Feb 8, 2006
You know, a few of us still play every day. So stop yer bellyachin' and join a server.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
I know a bunch of people still play everyday but I don't have my UT disk. I also don't even know if it'll work on Windows 7 since 7 doesn't have a legacy emulator going back to Windows 98 or 2000.

Hmmm windows 7 is service pack 3 for windows vista and it s sux for me.No game works normaly in win 7.ihave new comp and he is not so bad and when i try to play game in win 7 it s sux.when i try play on win xp all games works cool.all i wanna say is win 7 sux and i hope win 8 will rools.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I had no problems running Infiltration on my Windows 7 64bit (Phenom II X4).

In fact, so far I've been able to run *every* single game I've wanted. This includes games such as Arcanum (1999), Planescape: Torment (1999), Age of Wonders (1998), Baldur's Gate (1998) and the likes.
Only for AoW I needed to tweak some stuff (details), but other than that everything worked (surprisingly) well.
Oh, I also had problems with a Arcanum Savegame editor (I accidentally saved just before I died, stupid me). Solved that with VirtualBox and Windows XP.
Most of the problems I seem to be having with these kind of games are related to widescreen issues :( But that's not Windows 7 specific.

As a sidenote, nowadays I don't even have a copy of INF anymore. I guess I could say I am "checking out" ...

Last edited:

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
#7. Snakeeye not mentioning anything when his name is spelled as Snakeeye.
#6. Firebird not losing her way around the map.
#5. Stinkmarder rushing into a room full of Skaarj's with 'the pig' blazing.
#4. Reborn not abusing a roofhack in TDM.
#3. Beppo releasing a new version of Infiltration.
#2. A crosshair mod gets made for Infiltration.
#1. Duke Nukem Forever gets released.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Indeed Duke Nukem Forever gets released, that certainly has cosmic concequences.

How about, #1 Infiltration gets released on december 20th, 2012. That gives us one day to play it.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
#7. Snakeye not mentioning anything when his name is spelled as Snakeye, as this is THE ONLY PLAUSBLE WAY TO SPELL IT! Check the bible for guidance when in doubt: "Thou shallst not misspell Snakeye" is mentioned in one of the lesser read books.

Fixed in accordance with the prophecy.

#5. Stinkmarder rushing into a room full of Skaarj's with 'the pig' blazing.
:lol: I definetly want to see that :lol:

No, wait I want to see THAT:
#5. Stinkmarder rushing into a room full of Nali with 'the pig' blazing.

Plus isn't Skaarj singular and plural?

Rico Heart

offline: 2000; online: 2005
Dec 26, 2003
Hungary
I still compare every shooter to INF. I still come here sometimes.
Also, I use a cheap, silent, energy efficient nettop, which in turn cannot run any recent game.
If a new installer will make it possible to connect to servers easily, I'll be there.