Unreal Tournament 2015?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Unreal Tournament .Next

New UT, really? That's something I would like to see, honestly. This time however I have pretty much zero expectations. Seeing how recent so called triple A titles get "accessibility treatmet" to appeal larger audience plus how last UT ended up is something to think about.
We need better confirmation that title exists, E3 could be it.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Console? remember how UT 2003 came out..it was UC2 first, then the crowd waughed about that eventually EPIC came out there would be a PC version.

similar thing when UT demo was released, it was released for the 3dFX cards first, the D3D crowd wahhed, but Demo 2 was released full compatibility.

The Gears of War PC version was unheard of till it was roundabout Russian converted and finally PC released.

Lets get it to the PC guys if yer really doin it, the PC is and will be far advanced the consoles on their releases...sheesh...market market market...

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
You'll lead the Redeemer with the joystick screen, carry the flag with Move and make a lethal dodge with Kinect (through a window from a fifteenth floor) . . .

I have no hopes for this game . . .

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/13/cliff-bleszinski-gestating-slowly-on-new-ip-codenamed-silverstreak/

In This Thread: "I'm sure positive they are working on the Unreal franchise!!!"

I agree with the sentiment of your post to be sure. But... C-Bezzle does not work for Epic any more and didn't when that was written. Also they have said that they are working on more then 1 project. Even hinted that another unreal title was upcoming in an interview about a year ago.

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
waste

Oh great, another excellent product that won't get any exposure because one group wants it to be UT99 and the other wants UT2K4...
They should just start a fresh arena shooter IP, cut the umbilical cord. The nineties are damn well over, and this conservatism isn't helping anybody.

I want the rabbid fans to pull their heads out of their asses before they get back to UT
fix0rd

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
It takes too long to do custom stuff for ut3. Next gen stuff would take longer plus it's listed for consoles not PC. We could be looking at console only release with no community created custom content.

QFT
I think this was one of the reasons I abandoned making maps with the Unreal editor, it just wasn't fun anymore and too labour intensive for what you got in return.
Concentrated more on 3D packages like Maya, Max and ZBrush etc because more relevant for my job.
My interest in anything Unreal related died about 4-5 years ago unfortunately.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've confirmed this is nothing with Epic, unfortunately. I don't know where the announcement lineup came from, but it seems that a number of the games (if not all of them) are fake.

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
UE4 will be doing jack shit. It's not because Epic prefers to model every square millimeter of rubble somewhere in the back of an explosive spacecrate that other developers can't show some constraint in their workflows.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UE4 will be doing jack shit. It's not because Epic prefers to model every square millimeter of rubble somewhere in the back of an explosive spacecrate that other developers can't show some constraint in their workflows.

Ironically the lighting system (as an example) in UE4 will be like, way easier and way much faster to use compared to past engines. It has been a long way since UE1.