Dishonored Debut Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Arkane Studios, recently absorbed by Bethesda/ZeniMax has one amazing debut trailer here. I think I'm hooked.

Powered by Unreal Engine 3 (and a little visual influence by Viktor Antonov, former Half Life 2's "City 17" visionary), Dishonored should be hitting store shelves this year. Thanks for the heads up from a sharp-eyed reader of the Unreal Engine Facebook page.

M^uL

Nov 16, 2009
This looks awesome. That is until I saw the GFWL logo at the bottom...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
This looks awesome. That is until I saw the GFWL logo at the bottom...

Ah, but look again! That's the Games for Windows logo and not GFWL. The difference, if you'll recall, is that the developers using the GFW logo agree to adhere to a set of standards (typically things like controller support, Win 7 64 compatibility, Games Explorer support, etc) and use the GFW branding. That doesn't mean that they use the client and any of its features!

The fact that it's being published by Bethesda gives it the likelihood that it will actually be a Steamworks title.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
I've been just wondering... Have you ever covered Tribes Ascend? Or Blacklight Retribution? UE3 powered gaming is alive and kickin', keep telling these people :D

P.S.: Not Lost Planet 3 please, UE3 was a setback for them not since they had no idea what they were doing in the first 2 games either.

Last edited:

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
Well its a nice demo of their modeling and rendering skills but as there is no actual gameplay shown I will reserve judgement.

Do like the Steampunk theme though. The guards on the tripods looked great.

Last edited:

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
Well its a nice demo of their modeling and rendering skills but as there is no actual gameplay shown I will reserve judgement.

Do like the Steampunk theme though. The guards on the tripods looked great.

This.

I think PC gamers are a little jaded by highly impressive but unrepresentative Blur studios type CGI pre-render jobs, only to be let down by gameplay. It may turn out to be awesome tho.

Most US studios have stuck doggedly to consoles and their DX9 limitations and need 'wow' trailers to generate interest. That's what was so impressive about Epic's Samaritan - the fact that it was rendered in real -time and they say it'll run on one Kepler card (probably the as yet unreleased GK110)

M^uL

Nov 16, 2009
Ah, but look again! That's the Games for Windows logo and not GFWL. The difference, if you'll recall, is that the developers using the GFW logo agree to adhere to a set of standards (typically things like controller support, Win 7 64 compatibility, Games Explorer support, etc) and use the GFW branding. That doesn't mean that they use the client and any of its features!

The fact that it's being published by Bethesda gives it the likelihood that it will actually be a Steamworks title.

My bad. Eyes are the first things to go...

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Know why this will be good? The rats will be a whole system in the game.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO09qF0mwgI[/M]

It's high time for the rats to move on from just being something to get crunched in the cinematics!