UE3 Powers Final Fantasy VII Fan Remake

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Did you ever wonder what Final Fantasy VII would look like in 3D? Well, no, I didn't either. But it is a damn fine game and the folks at Studio Paint from are busily reworking the game in Unreal Engine 3. This is a fan-made project, but I'm willing to bet that Squenix will be dropping a C&D in their laps sometime in the near future. In the meantime, check out the classic intro sequence:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Gotta love the fanboys. They have been clamoring for a FFVII remake ever since that little tech demo back when the PS3 launched. Guess some finally decided if Squeenix wasn't going to give it to them, they will do it themselves.

Crusha K. Rool

Coding Crocodile
Sep 27, 2011
Germany
wiki.beyondunreal.com
But the team will probably get bored before they got the project far enough.

It's not even true to the original, Tifa wasn't even there in the opening scene with Cloud. The big-breasted model also makes it appear as if their modeler is still taking his first steps in learning to model and thus didn't make the characters himself but instead took some that were already available (and thus the big knockers).

And if they already go for UE3, then you should at least see that somewhere. But this current demo doesn't utilize any enhanced visuals that the engine could deliver, quite a disappointment.

Besides: Why the hell is that guy jumping around like crazy for five minutes in a single tiny area? His camera holding skills are just horrible. D:

Last edited:

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
I agree; the jumping around didn't add anything, only subtracted from the viewing experience.
It didn't help show off any of the environment you couldn't already see earlier, and it slowed down the video a lot.
(I have to admit I'm unfamiliar with the original game, and some of the things would probably make more sense if I was.)

The trailer only showing off a tiny location without any actual gameplay (it looks simulated/scripted, but perhaps I'm wrong) seems to indicate that's all that's been done.
With a big project like this you should not start with a tiny detail and work on that, you should work on the bones first, then the meat, then the skin.
I'm afraid they probably will get bored long before the project is completed.
I do wish them the best, and hope for them this gets somewhere, but I just don't expect it to.

Tifa's breasts get bigger every time I see them :)

You must have been staring at them quite often, because they are huge. :p

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Did you ever wonder what Final Fantasy VII would look like in 3D?

Never had to wonder because it was already 3D back when it was released for the PS1 :B Though I never did wonder what it would look like as a UE3 game.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
2503998181_33a2c70d47.jpg

a bigger res version

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Reminds me of the Chrono Trigger remake mod for UT2K4. Was looking pretty good, but Square shut it down :(