RAGE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
He says that when you go into the sewers it "downloads that part" so I'm guessing it will require an online account of some sort that checks in when you try to enter the sewers.

That still doesn't make much since, but I will watch the video when I get home since the site is blocked.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[m]http://youtu.be/aUhDQP2dY3c[/m]
Dan Hagar is Walter Sobchak. Dan Hagar is John Goodman.

If you don't know who Walter Sobchak is, see the video below.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky_V_3izXI[/m]
And quit being a Eurofag Nihilist.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/this-is-how-rage-does-the-online-pass

One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.

Summary:
1) Some singleplayer content is only accessible if you have the access code. If you have purchased the game new, you have it. This means people purchasing used copies of the game do not get the entire product until they then purchase the access code.
2) Said content is not on the disk and must be downloaded. It is downloaded when you find the access point for that area of the game. This means you cannot access that area of the game if you are a legitimate customer until it has finished downloading.
3) Even if you do not have the access code, it still downloads it anyway - despite the game being a whopping 22Gb on your Xbox 360 hard-drive to start with.

Can't *wait* for the 'content download' server to get DDOS'd / be inaccessible due to load / suffer from slow download times..

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
oh that's just ****ing great...

say hello to 6 hour waits to continue playing if you have a slow connection (like Plumb).

Speaking of which, there is no way I'll have the patience to download this game on Steam; MUST have a disk this time.

edit
Wait, I'm not sure what the quote in the article was actually saying.
Maybe it's just content that isn't necessary.(?)

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Wait... who's doing the voice for "Mayor" there?
Also, looks like they modeled him after Micheal Ironside

And another game where shotguns are about as deadly as a wifflebat and as accurate as a blind monkey... :|

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
And another game where shotguns are about as deadly as a wifflebat and as accurate as a blind monkey... :|

Historically iD always had shotguns as one of their first weapons, I think it will become more powerful if you throw on modifications and better ammo.

The game makes me think they played some Stalker too, It has a lot of that weapon tweaking stuff...

A lot of devs seem to think shotguns are to be used as a melee weapon, so they nerf the accuracy at distance greatly and only make it do damage up close...
I think from a design pov it's a legitimate decision, though it's not very realistic.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I know, I recognized the voice too. Pretty sure it's the same voice actor as Dr. Betruger which would be Philip Lewis Clarke. Not sure though.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/this-is-how-rage-does-the-online-pass

One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.

Summary:
1) Some singleplayer content is only accessible if you have the access code. If you have purchased the game new, you have it. This means people purchasing used copies of the game do not get the entire product until they then purchase the access code.
2) Said content is not on the disk and must be downloaded. It is downloaded when you find the access point for that area of the game. This means you cannot access that area of the game if you are a legitimate customer until it has finished downloading.
3) Even if you do not have the access code, it still downloads it anyway - despite the game being a whopping 22Gb on your Xbox 360 hard-drive to start with.

Can't *wait* for the 'content download' server to get DDOS'd / be inaccessible due to load / suffer from slow download times..

So basically, I'll have much less trouble playing the game if I download the whole pirated game + extras as everything will be on my machine right after install...

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
It's pretty crazy how much illicit substances they must consume in order to think these ludicrous ideas are good or even applicable in a continent where stupid bandwidth caps are in place.

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
I dunno. Everytime I see footage of RAGE, I can't help but think about this Clutch song.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuK6eDq5dA[/M]

@ Kyllian and NRG: I think it's actor Paul Eiding. His voice sounds familiar to the protagonist Eldred in Sacrifice.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
It's pretty crazy how much illicit substances they must consume in order to think these ludicrous ideas are good or even applicable in a continent where stupid bandwidth caps are in place.

Carmack sees a future with the cloud and downloadable games, so he could give two shits about a bandwidth cap.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

I know, I recognized the voice too. Pretty sure it's the same voice actor as Dr. Betruger which would be Philip Lewis Clarke. Not sure though.

Actually he sounds more like Campbell from MGS

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Carmack sees a future with the cloud and downloadable games, so he could give two shits about a bandwidth cap.
He might be hailed as a genius in many public gatherings, but I still think that whoever thought this up (If it is him well I'm talking about him) is a genius in faggotry and annoying your paying customers.
That goes for anyone who schemes up ridiculous DRM and constraints.

What happened to buying a game and being able to play it years later without online checks, content access restrictions and such?

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
@ Kyllian and NRG: I think it's actor Paul Eiding. His voice sounds familiar to the protagonist Eldred in Sacrifice.

Actually he sounds more like Campbell from MGS
:doh: You're right. I knew I recognized him from somewhere and of course I assumed it was from Doom. It's definitely Paul Eiding though, good catch.